Star Ace Toys: 1:8 Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow

I have faith.

Ok I lied. I'm optimistic they'll do good. I went over to crawfords website and read his reviews on the HP figures. And from what I've gathered...I honestly think they'll do right by the fans. And as it goes without saying, it's gonna be an excruciating wait for the first protos to drop.

But yeah, I'm very optimistic about it.

Im hoping they have something to show at SDCC, but they probably wont for a while.

What you did there....

........I see it.

giphy.gif

what are peoples thoughts on if star ace can do this line justice? or do you guys think with their other licenses theyll spread themselves to thin? I dont think it would be as bad as threezero with GOT and WD, but I do think this is a lot to take on since it looks like they can make any and all characters from all 4 shows.

It does seem a lot for a company that seemingly came out of nowhere with a Steve McQueen figure.

Harry Potter, Underworld, 300, Hunger Games, and now four different DC series.

There's a lot of figure-worthy characters in those series so I think there will be a lot of favourites neglected.

The Flash is the one I'm most interested in. Flash, Reverse Flash, Zoom, and, while it was such a small appearance, I drool at the prospect of an "Earth 3" Jay Garrick from last season's finale. I have trouble with Arrow, because, as a show, presently, Arrow can eat my shorts, but I'd still like to have a representation of Ollie in my collection, and Slade would be awesome, as well. Legends; the most I can say is a Jonah Hex would be bought on principle, alone, but Dr. Rory and his amazing zoo crew can pretty much **** right off with Damian Dahrk. I haven't had the chance to see Supergirl, yet, but I intend to get caught up before season 2. The other thing to keep in mind is that, technically, you could have a TV Superman figure coming up, as well.

giphy.gif

It does seem a lot for a company that seemingly came out of nowhere with a Steve McQueen figure.

Harry Potter, Underworld, 300, Hunger Games, and now four different DC series.

There's a lot of figure-worthy characters in those series so I think there will be a lot of favourites neglected.

Oy...the king leonidas figure...if you showed me that instead of HP as a show of the quality of SA work, i would have thought "we're in big trouble."

And wait..they're doing hunger games? Really? Uhh...ok. Cool, I guess?

Oy...the king leonidas figure...if you showed me that instead of HP as a show of the quality of SA work, i would have thought "we're in big trouble."

If you look at Underworld, their Selene looks meh, but their Viktor looks phenomenal.

This could be a rollercoaster ride. :lol

BrooklynWolf X said:
And wait..they're doing hunger games? Really? Uhh...ok. Cool, I guess?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...005-1-6-scale-hunger-games-star-ace-toys.html

If you look at Underworld, their Selene looks meh, but their Viktor looks phenomenal.

This could be a rollercoaster ride. :lol

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...005-1-6-scale-hunger-games-star-ace-toys.html

Thanks for the link.

Actually, I don't think their Selene is As awful as some have put it. I quite like it. Could it be me giving it a pass because there hasn't been a decent attempt at a Selene figure and SA's version is the best so far? Perhaps...but, it looks quite good...IMO hehe. And hell yeah, that victor is...wow. Stunning.

Come to think of it..another thing that's making me shake in my boots...

Wasn't Selene announced..sometime last year?? And it was only until recently she went up for PO? Now I know the HP line so far has been consistent...but what about everything else?

Thanks for the link.

Actually, I don't think their Selene is As awful as some have put it. I quite like it. Could it be me giving it a pass because there hasn't been a decent attempt at a Selene figure and SA's version is the best so far? Perhaps...but, it looks quite good...IMO hehe. And hell yeah, that victor is...wow. Stunning.

Come to think of it..another thing that's making me shake in my boots...

Wasn't Selene announced..sometime last year?? And it was only until recently she went up for PO? Now I know the HP line so far has been consistent...but what about everything else?

Well atleast the victor came out after selene, hopefully thats showing that they are getting better and not worse. I also hope they realize how popular a line for dc tv shows could be, so they treat it the same as their potter line. The underworld movies are cool and have a following, but its not on the same magnitude as harry potter, so maybe thats why they dont focus as hard on pumping characters out for them.

this gif makes it all ok LOL

giphy.gif

Pretty cool announcement.
If it really happens I'll believe it.
They announced they had Queen figures and where did that go?

I also hope they realize how popular a line for dc tv shows could be, so they treat it the same as their potter line. The underworld movies are cool and have a following, but its not on the same magnitude as harry potter, so maybe thats why they dont focus as hard on pumping characters out for them.

I hope it's popular enough for a Felicity Smoak, though with so many heroes and villains to make it's probably a stretch.

giphy.gif

Well atleast the victor came out after selene, hopefully thats showing that they are getting better and not worse. I also hope they realize how popular a line for dc tv shows could be, so they treat it the same as their potter line. The underworld movies are cool and have a following, but its not on the same magnitude as harry potter, so maybe thats why they dont focus as hard on pumping characters out for them.

this gif makes it all ok LOL

giphy.gif

Very good points.

come on star ace, you got this bro!

tumblr_lz0j91jwbv1r5r8duo1_500.gif
stephen-amell-shirtless-pushup.gif

tumblr_inline_nlzjr9Wqj61scq4k2.gif

:lol

Take it to the top, Star Ace!

giphy.gif

We're waiting for you...

giphy.gif

hahaha yes!

Consider The Flash bought.

Now if another company could announce that they have the James Bond licence, this day would be off to a fine start.

Consider The Flash bought.

Now if another company could announce that they have the James Bond licence, this day would be off to a fine start.

That would be sweet indeed.

Amy chance they have Gotham too? I'd go for a 1/6 Gordon and Bullock.

Well...this is great news. I was gearing up to start buying their Potter figures and this gives me another reason to get more Star Ace product.

I can't say i'm all in as it will depend on the character and the sculpts/figure themselves but my wish list includes:

Arrow
Flash
Reverse Flash
Supergirl
The Canary(Sara Lance Version)
John Diggle
Zoom
Deathstroke

Consider those all bought. After that I'd also like:
Killer Frost
Live Wire
Captain Cold
The Trickster
Jay Garrick(both "versions")
Speedy
Arsenal

Well...this is great news. I was gearing up to start buying their Potter figures and this gives me another reason to get more Star Ace product.

I can't say i'm all in as it will depend on the character and the sculpts/figure themselves but my wish list includes:

Arrow
Flash
Reverse Flash
Supergirl
John Diggle
Zoom
Deathstroke

Killer Frost
Live Wire
Captain Cold
The Trickster
Speedy
Arsenal

i would also want supergirl, martian manhunter and a white martian

Oh no they got even more licenses. Kill Bill pulp fiction and something else. Not good.

Arrow
Flash
Reverse Flash
Supergirl
John Diggle
Zoom
Deathstroke

Killer Frost
Live Wire
Captain Cold
The Trickster
Speedy
Arsenal

What about The Atom? I love Brandon Routh on Arrow and Legends and the suit design ain't bad.

This is great news indeed!!

Back