Star Ace Marilyn Monroe 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this from Starace? not Blitzway? I have seen 1/4 Marilyn in real at the some exhibition. was really cool.

Is this from Starace? not Blitzway? I have seen 1/4 Marilyn in real at the some exhibition. was really cool.

Yes officially announced in the making by Star Ace - 1/6 scaled. You can see it on their official facebook page.

From Star Ace

Star Ace Toys Ltd. is pleased to announce they will be producing collectible 1:6 figures of Marilyn Monroe. The first figure will feature the iconic movie star as she appeared in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” with two different outfits and a newly designed seamless body. The figure should be available for pre-order in Q3 of 2016.

From Star Ace's Weibo page:

006kXFlSgw1f5nq0ru8r6j30ku0rsdkp.jpg006kXFlSgw1f5nq0ts4l5j30ku0rs43r.jpg006kXFlSgw1f5nq0udl23j30ku0rstbe.jpg006kXFlSgw1f5nq0r5cxmj30ku0rsad6.jpg

Oh, come on. . . . I was so looking forward to this one.

How the hell can they muck it up so much? That's terrible. Even the bootlegs are 100X better.

Shame they couldn't get KA Kim on the case. I wonder if she signs something saying she won't do the same character for X amount of time?

Keep in mind that these are pretty poor iPhone pics, but yeah... it's looking to be a noticeable step down in quality from the Blitzway Marilyn.

Getting some Lea Thompson vibes from this.

God damn it, yes! I knew that the sculpt was reminding me of an actress from an 1980s movie, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Lea Thompson, that's who I was thinking of.

Yeah that's not going to cut it, not at all. You need to put your best sculptors on someone like Marilyn, not the C team.

After the 54+ years since she died, after the millions of items of merchandise (both good and bad), pretty much everyone knows her likeness very well and every sculptor and painter should be fully aware of that fact. It either needs to be right (KA Kim - Blitzway did an awesome job) or don't bother at all.

Keep in mind that these are pretty poor iPhone pics, but yeah... it's looking to be a noticeable step down in quality from the Blitzway Marilyn.

I don't think it's an iPhone that's making her mouth look like that :lol

Those aren't the most flattering pics, the shadows are really hurting it - but here's an early look at the sculpt:

!cid_15CAC800-042E-4131-A02D-A8400C8E0DB3.jpg

Terrible!.....i'll wait for better pics but so far thats an awful likeness.

Back