Star Ace Marilyn Monroe 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the fact that we can name people like Garbo, Rodgers, Kelly, Leigh, Grant and Hepburn and it's not met with "who the heck are they" comments.

*hugs the forum*

You all rule!

Look good.
I want some James Dean trios
Giant: Dean/Tylor/Hudson
Rebel: Dean/Wood/Mineo
Eden: Dean/Harrys/Massey

I have to admit, surprised to see so many people interested in buying this. Just not what I would typically expect from a bunch of collectors on here. Not my thing but the sculpt looks good.

90% of the people who say they are interested won't buy it. Same for those asking for Bogart, Hepburn and Hudson, etc.

90% of the people who say they are interested won't buy it. Same for those asking for Bogart, Hepburn and Hudson, etc.

Guess I'm in the 10%. And I don't know what percentile I'm in for naming Hepburn as one I'd love at some point.

Me too. I'm definitely not missing this release. i even preordered the knockoff version - as shown above - until something better comes along. I'd buy Hepburn etc, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. I guess I'm in that 10% also, by your reckoning.

Me too. I'm definitely not missing this release. i even preordered the knockoff version - as shown above - until something better comes along. I'd buy Hepburn etc, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. I guess I'm in that 10% also, by your reckoning.

Yep. Me too. PO'd the knockoff, and I'll get this, too. Classic actors of all kinds would be welcome in my collection.

Dave, I know this is a long shot because of licenses etc, but if SA ever want a poll/interest list for classics that we think would sell and for SA to gauge interest generally, I'm sure quite a few of us would be up for contributing ideas etc. Just a thought/offer. Great to see SA tackle Marilyn.

I see a few on Facebook have mentioned her eyes need tweaking, which I agree with.

I have several autos of Marilyn, so I'm excited for this figure to go with those displays.

arms are iffy but other than that looks pretty damn identical to the 1/4 statue.

The 1/6 figure picture of MM in the gold dress posted by rjszar is the knockoff kit (which doesn't come with a body). Star Ace have only released images of the WIP sculpt on the first page and mentioned they're developing their own seamless body.

The 1/6 figure picture of MM in the gold dress posted by rjszar is the knockoff kit (which doesn't come with a body). Star Ace have only released images of the WIP sculpt on the first page and mentioned they're developing their own seamless body.

Who makes the knockoff version and where can it be bought/preordered?

It can be purchased at Cotswold, but they don't seem to indicate who the manufacturer is. The body is obviously one of the Phicens, probably mid bust pale, but not 100% sure.

It can be purchased at Cotswold, but they don't seem to indicate who the manufacturer is. The body is obviously one of the Phicens, probably mid bust pale, but not 100% sure.

1/6 kit have them cheaper than Cotswold. The manufacturer is AS16.

It'll do until SA bring their MM out.

Back