Star Ace Marilyn Monroe 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'd be quite nice, actually. It's more iconic than her Gentlemen Prefer Blondes look.

Maybe a second release? They did make a German uniform 2-pack Hilts, after all.

Very nice. Dave alluded to there being more forthcoming old Hollywood-type figures from Star Ace, so I'm happy to see this.

This look great!

and I second a Marlene Dietrich! Hope to see Cary Grant in the future too. instant buys for me.

Amazing Looking, not for me though. Would rather a James Dean. Figures crossed.

I can't imagine a more iconic performer to start with. And it's possible this might have some crossover appeal to memorabilia collectors who don't ordinarily buy 1/6th figures as well as Barbie fans and some others. It just seems like smart business to go with MM. With a seamless body I expect to see a couple of picture shoots of her posed on red satin like the classic Playboy shoot. This will be huge in Japan. I rarely buy this kind of figure anymore but I might get this one.

The next figure I'd like to see would be Bogart, the second most iconic classic movie star visage I can think of. And I suspect that would be very popular also and have some crossover with military action figure collectors. Regardless of what outfit he comes in I'd personally try to acquire a second figure body for a "Sahara" figure.

Should be an interesting line if they keep up the high quality they showed with the McQueen Virgil Hilts.

I have to admit, surprised to see so many people interested in buying this. Just not what I would typically expect from a bunch of collectors on here. Not my thing but the sculpt looks good.

I would have loved to see what they were going to do with Freddie Mercury and the QUEEN license.
Too bad there were issues though.

Definite buy from me after the Blitzway & the A13 knockoff. Sculpt looks great. Any word on who did it?

This is cool! I'd love if they kept up a line of classic movie stars. Not sure i'd go for Marilyn... but a Marlene Dietrich? I'm there.

That's how I feel. Not a fan of Monroe, but the likeness is definitely there in the figure. If it were Ginger Rogers, i'd buy it.

I have to admit, surprised to see so many people interested in buying this. Just not what I would typically expect from a bunch of collectors on here. Not my thing but the sculpt looks good.

Really? There don't seem to be that many people---lots of "cool, but I won't buy it," comments. The Blitzway statue seems to have done well and I think there's still a healthy amount of interest in Marilyn these days, not just among figure collectors.

I know my collection needs a little break from the Star Wars, superheroes and sci-fi/horror.

She's looking really good. I'll reserve judgement until she's done. But she'll more than likely be joining my collection. Audry Hepburn next please.

If this one sells well, I'm hoping for an Audrey Hepburn.

Holly Golightly definitely deserves 1/6 scale representation. :goodpost: :exactly:

As does Bogey! Let's hope the icons line will continue strongly.

this thread is getting me excited!

I give my vote for Audrey Hepburn and Ginger Rogers! would also love Greta Garbo.

Kudos to Star Ace for doing something different. I think she looks great, and I love the idea of Hollywood icons! Lots of figures I would like to see.......Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Vivian Leigh, Clark Gable, Cary Grant and my list could go on and on.

Back