Star Ace Harry Potter - Sirius Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you like to see Sirius released?

• Azkaban prisoner and Order of Phoenix as 2 seperate releases

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with both costumes, one headsculpt (cheaper)

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with 2 costumes and 2 headsculpts (more expensive)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • One set with both full figures

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
So my Sirius Black figure was suppose to be here today.
My first free figure from SSC!
Guess what....
UPS screws up again!
Delayed due to a late truck...that was 2 days ago and there's no new update.

Mine will be here on Wednesday.
Now my Rocket & Groot are delayed due to "adverse weather conditions" in the area!
It's been sunny here for 3 days straight!
UPS SUCKS!

:lol

I could imagine that excuse over here. . . mind you, the UK is in the middle of a "heat wave" at the moment. Pppffftttt.

Got him and unfortunately for me he's a very underwhelming figure. The green suit coat is way too bulky towards the bottom and makes it look like he's swimming in it instead of a more "tailored" fit. The sleeves are to long too. With the wand hand attached his fingers barely stick out from underneath it. And the wand hand also is a fail imo. Sirius' wand refuses to rest between the thumb and index figures unlike with Harry and Ron's who's wands rest in that position fairly easy. I don't see how it got screwed up by upscaling it. And none of the stand pegs will fit into the middle hole on the stand. I tried every piece and every end...but nope.

I was worried about the sculpt but it turned out great. And everything else I love. If I was rating it I'd give it a 6.5/7 out of frustration. I'm sure he'll grow on me.

19300962116_fd460cf30c_c.jpg

18706397793_a79093017b_c.jpg

Last edited:
Could the coat be lightly ironed or something? I remember guys steamed the DX11 coat to make it hug the body better. I really want this figure, but I've been waiting to see in-hand pictures like this.

Oh, wow - you're right about the jacket in that picture :( His jackets were long in the sleeve though - but definitely a tighter fit.

sirius_black_png_by_massygatita-d4qtw8b.jpg

The sculpt looks good - agreed.

Shirt looks a long way out too. Is it a lot different from the prototype? The proto looked close. That one looks nothing like the actual shirt he wore.

Also, if you look at this - they're hiding the bulk of the jacket in the pose.

sirius-black-008.jpg

They are indeed. I tested mine against that picture. You have to pull quite a bit of fabric behind him to get it to hang how it is in that pic. The best pose with the jacket on I've found so far is like in my second pic or something with his legs spread. It helps give it an illusion of being slimmer.

I guess it's cheaper to get this through BBTS. I was going to use some RPs through Sideshow, but that $20 shipping is turning me off.

I know someone who may be able to adjust mine. I'll look at it when it arrives. Just had an in stock notification, so I'll buy it tomorrow. And pay an extortionate UK price for it too :(

Well after 3 days of being delayed UPSuck finally delivered Sirius.
At the end of the day,toward 7pm.
Didn't get to look at it because I was in bed for work.
Will look at him Thursday.

Back