Star Ace Harry Potter - Sirius Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you like to see Sirius released?

• Azkaban prisoner and Order of Phoenix as 2 seperate releases

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with both costumes, one headsculpt (cheaper)

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with 2 costumes and 2 headsculpts (more expensive)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • One set with both full figures

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
Mine came today and I must admit - like Nuka - I'm rather underwhelmed by it. Which I'm really surprised at because the images Star Ace showed looked amazing. I think with Voldemort, Harry and Ron the Star Ace pitcures looked good, but the figures looked better in the flesh. This one, for me at least, is definitely the other way around.

Sirius and others.jpg

And Nuka was also right about the coat - there is a HUGE amount of excess fabric, which again is surprising compared to the quality of the other Star Ace products.

I've pinned mine back for now, until I can have it adjusted.

sirius PIN.jpg

They've also changed the shirt since prototype stage and this one is no where near like the real one. Or at least they've cut the fabric differently so there's no thin stripes as per their NYCC figure display.

All in all, it's a good figure and a nice addition to the collection, although rather expensive for what it is (here in the UK, at least) and not Star Ace's best of the bunch so far - again, only my opinion. I was expecting it to be my favourite by a long shot, but unfortunately it's not. The sculpt doesn't even float my boat, but that might be because reviewers said how amazing it was and I was expecting it to blow me away.

Well, I hope Mad-Eye will knock it out of the park. He's my fav' character.

I'm really liking this figure. Really solid body design and the sculpt is great, imo. Not sure about the jacket size issues as I was planning on rocking the black dog look anyhow and the tattoos are excellent. Bring on his cousin!

sirius_1.jpg

sirius_2.jpg

i'm almost done repainting mine - the sculpt is fantastic but i wasn't happy with the factory paint. overall i really like the figure though the clothes require some futzing to prevent the neck from being 'swallowed up' - always a potential issue with so many layers of clothes - looking forward to receiving my voldemort sometime in the near future :)

If it looked as good as your repaint I wouldn't hesitate!

thanks king jordan :duff

That looks great! I am waiting for the Azkaban version myself.

thanks much wwejedi :duff i'm definitely picking up the azkaban version too - looks awesome!

here's another shot i took last night :) just a bit washed out from the color profile conversion it seems o_O though the jacket works as a decent color reference.

Last edited:
Here's my review. Cool figure, but he's not quite on par with Voldy, and with the PoA version coming out soon-ish, you'll have to decide if he's worth your hard earned cash.

I just got this figure and he's pretty cool. I'm not too keen on the stand and I'll be replacing it with the regular black 1/6 scale stands.

I just bought this figure with SSC gift cards. :yess: Does anyone know if the hands, neck, and feet will switch to a TrueType?

Back