Star Ace Harry Potter - Sirius Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you like to see Sirius released?

• Azkaban prisoner and Order of Phoenix as 2 seperate releases

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with both costumes, one headsculpt (cheaper)

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with 2 costumes and 2 headsculpts (more expensive)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • One set with both full figures

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
With the head, how is it attached to the neck? Since the neck was cut off I assume you were left with an empty/hollow head...?

Yeah, the head is just sitting on the neck now. The head is hollowed out but it's deep enough that it sits on the neck without falling.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! I wish I had more detolfs so this guy could have his own shelf.

Thanks! Hunterdnrc made and applied them from a concept art picture I found. He will sell the set if anyone else is interested.

nice! Thanks! I'll PM him. I thought he would be the one and was going to have him make them, but I couldn't find the tats online. Granted my google-ing skills are terrible sometimes :lol

Looks a lot better than the original, Is this something you do to your figures regularly?

nice! Thanks! I'll PM him. I thought he would be the one and was going to have him make them, but I couldn't find the tats online. Granted my google-ing skills are terrible sometimes :lol

I initially was going to get mus_musculus to paint the tattoos on, but I already have him doing like 4-5 heads of mine, so I went with decals. It was the faster and cheaper option, not to mention decals could come out more crisp and defined. Hand painted would just look so cool though.
I just googled "Sirius Black tattoos" and it's one of the first things that came up. Found it on Reddit from some concept art book, I think.

Looks a lot better than the original, Is this something you do to your figures regularly?

Thanks! I have modded some of my official figures, yes. It just depends on the character and what I want it to look like on the shelf. For a character with such unique tattoos like Sirius, I thought it would be much cooler to have a better body to show them off. Some of my pet peeves in this hobby are untextured/unsculpted bodies and exposed joints. Those kill the realism for me and look too toyish. If a figure is going to have exposed skin, I want it to look real and not like shiny plastic. I will also cover the wrist pegs if I can.

Thanks! I have modded some of my official figures, yes. It just depends on the character and what I want it to look like on the shelf. For a character with such unique tattoos like Sirius, I thought it would be much cooler to have a better body to show them off. Some of my pet peeves in this hobby are untextured/unsculpted bodies and exposed joints. Those kill the realism for me and look too toyish. If a figure is going to have exposed skin, I want it to look real and not like shiny plastic. I will also cover the wrist pegs if I can.

I agree, I actually have covered his tattoo's up on my p.o.a version as it looks as you say "toyish", I will defiantly keep an eye out for more of your posts, really great work and a breath of fresh air :)

That was one thing that bothered me is the skin tone of the face and neck don't match the body. I think I mentioned it in my review but it was one of the only gripes. I will say that I think Star Ace is getting better with each figure because the Triwizard Harry is phenomenal

Back