Star Ace Harry Potter - Sirius Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you like to see Sirius released?

• Azkaban prisoner and Order of Phoenix as 2 seperate releases

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with both costumes, one headsculpt (cheaper)

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • One figure with 2 costumes and 2 headsculpts (more expensive)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • One set with both full figures

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
Interesting how it was announced that Harry "sold out" from the manufacturer back at the beginning of December, but now "like magic" Sideshow has some that were set aside.

When the Harry Potter figure was first announced, Castle Collectibles announced they were the "exclusive" distributor of Star Ace. Guess that's not the case anymore.

The games and politics that go on in this hobby amuse me. I would like to see someone else besides Sideshow be able to distribute Hot Toys figures. After all, more competition is better for the consumer, right?

Interesting how it was announced that Harry "sold out" from the manufacturer back at the beginning of December, but now "like magic" Sideshow has some that were set aside.

When the Harry Potter figure was first announced, Castle Collectibles announced they were the "exclusive" distributor of Star Ace. Guess that's not the case anymore.

The games and politics that go on in this hobby amuse me. I would like to see someone else besides Sideshow be able to distribute Hot Toys figures. After all, more competition is better for the consumer, right?

So you would like to scramble for HT exclusives like Asian collectors do? You'd want to not be able to use reward points, not get free shipping, etc. for HT product?

There are no games. Some see conspiracies where there are none. "Sold Out" means that all the product has been committed to a distributor.

Pre-ordered Voldemort and Sirius. Any word on when SS will have Harry and Ron for order? I'm not sure that I want the younger versions of them but don't want to miss them if they never end up doing the older version.

Pre-ordered Voldemort and Sirius. Any word on when SS will have Harry and Ron for order? I'm not sure that I want the younger versions of them but don't want to miss them if they never end up doing the older version.

Not sure if or when SS will have Ron up for PO.
BBTS and Alter Ego have him up for PO though.
Just giving you an option,if you don't want to miss him.

What really interests me is the quality of the bodies that they're using. From what I've heard at least. Haven't seen one in hand yet. That's the one thing that keeps me away from SS sixth scale is that the bodies tend to have weak joints.

Edit: I read one review that said the bodies on these figures were so solid that they could practically be played with like a toy. If that's true, it's impressive.

What really interests me is the quality of the bodies that they're using. From what I've heard at least. Haven't seen one in hand yet. That's the one thing that keeps me away from SS sixth scale is that the bodies tend to have weak joints.

Edit: I read one review that said the bodies on these figures were so solid that they could practically be played with like a toy. If that's true, it's impressive.

Yeah I have Harry and the figure is solid.
He's really durable.
I only wish they gave us extra hand pegs.

Absolutely true. It's about as sturdy a body as you can get.

Yeah I have Harry and the figure is solid.
He's really durable.
I only wish they gave us extra hand pegs.

That would be a plus though :)

So you would like to scramble for HT exclusives like Asian collectors do? You'd want to not be able to use reward points, not get free shipping, etc. for HT product?

I don't care about Hot Toys exclusives. I don't buy many HT figures at all, so free shipping on them means very little to me. . . perhaps if SSC offered free shipping on all of their products. . . maybe. Living in California, it is prohibitively expensive for me to order from them. In general, I don't like how they don't even offer a shipping estimate on the site. It's pretty inconvenient to have to e-mail them for a shipping quote. They've been doing this long enough that it should not be difficult for them to estimate what the box size will be and how much it will weigh. It's E-Commerce 101 type stuff.

If I don't know how much I'm paying for the product at the time I place the order, I just won't place the order. I don't want to be surprised when it comes time to pay.

Having said all that, what I meant was, I would like to see someone "in addition to" Sideshow, "besides" was a bad choice of words.

Back