Star Ace Harry Potter, Draco, Quidditch Two Pack review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god, Harry's head sculpt survived the production process.

Looks like I'll be picking him up when he hits Amazon for retail.

Great review and pics as always! Glad I ordered the Harry figure, it's good to see that he's turned out well! :)

Harry looks decent, paint appears a bit sparse in the headsculpt and the padding paints are way too glossy; they'll need a matte spray down. Draco's sculpt is a bit of a mess quite frankly. I see little likeness and the hair is...strange. It's all almost like a caricature of that hairstyle.

But is it a 100% sure that the Draco headskulp is the same as the schooluniform one, like it sais in the rewiv?

If I wasn't spread so thin between so many franchise figures(Marvel, star wars, harry potter, possibly some DC or Turtles stuff soon), I'd probably get the quidditch Harry. He turned out pretty good. But I don't know, it's getting to the point where I think my Potter collection may stop after the 1 I have, 2 I've ordered and maybe 1 Harry I'll get when I find the one I really love. Maybe I'll still spring for Bellatrix if she turns out really good. So many choices for collectors right now. Hard to decide what to get when your money is kinda limited.

For me, the big name licenses are wearing thin. Marvel, DC, Star Wars...I just can't get excited about them these days. I got Phasma in the mail the other day, haven't even opened her up yet. But the stuff from Asmus, Star Ace, Qmx, with licenses like Trek, LOTR, and HP, I'm loving it. They haven't quite gotten to the HT quality level yet, but it's still wonderful to see other licenses I love getting the 1/6th treatment.

For me, the big name licenses are wearing thin. Marvel, DC, Star Wars...I just can't get excited about them these days. I got Phasma in the mail the other day, haven't even opened her up yet. But the stuff from Asmus, Star Ace, Qmx, with licenses like Trek, LOTR, and HP, I'm loving it. They haven't quite gotten to the HT quality level yet, but it's still wonderful to see other licenses I love getting the 1/6th treatment.

Well on the marvel side you have the exact same figures coming out every year = boring. On the dc side you have bad movies so it makes it hard to want to pay 250 for a figure. On the star wars side you have an amazing franchise that hot toys refuses to do figures for half the series, the figures they do make most of them have mediocre head sculpt and to top it off they're milking the latest film which was the worst of the 7. I'd keep doing what you're doing if you enjoy it.

I want to get in on QMX's Trek so bad but I can't find anywhere that flexes them or where you can make payments. Really a big reason SSC gets so much of my business is that. And if the wife and I are having a hard month, you can simply push your flexes back a month. It makes the difference sometimes. I've only ordered a few of my figures on nonflex and that was when I had a buttload of extra cash for whatever reason. That's rare.

But yeah, if more of these companies went through sideshow or had their own payment plans, I'd be totally interested in branching out more.

I want to get in on QMX's Trek so bad but I can't find anywhere that flexes them or where you can make payments. Really a big reason SSC gets so much of my business is that. And if the wife and I are having a hard month, you can simply push your flexes back a month. It makes the difference sometimes. I've only ordered a few of my figures on nonflex and that was when I had a buttload of extra cash for whatever reason. That's rare.

But yeah, if more of these companies went through sideshow or had their own payment plans, I'd be totally interested in branching out more.
SSC has them now, Good Sir! Enjoy!

Well on the marvel side you have the exact same figures coming out every year = boring. On the dc side you have bad movies so it makes it hard to want to pay 250 for a figure. On the star wars side you have an amazing franchise that hot toys refuses to do figures for half the series, the figures they do make most of them have mediocre head sculpt and to top it off they're milking the latest film which was the worst of the 7. I'd keep doing what you're doing if you enjoy it.

That's a pretty apt synopsis :lol Either figures re-released ad-anauseam or figures you almost feel embarassed to own. SW is is getting fairly stale as well; I'm excited about some of the more obscure figures getting made like Dengar or the Death Squad commander but those prices are a killer.

Back