Stan Winston Dead!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stan Winston Dead?!?

i haven't seen anything on it yet...but apparently amy winehouse has fainted again. i mean really wtf.

stan winston ruled. like everyone else here i can name off several of my favorite movies in which he had a hand. what a genius. rip, mr. winston.

Its true. My God, what will we do now?

"Stan Winston, dead at 62; Oscar-winning visual effects artist suffered from multiple myeloma
11:57 AM PT, Jun 16 2008
Stan Winston, an Oscar-winning visual effects artist, has died at age 62.

Winston died at home Sunday evening after a seven-year struggle with multiple myeloma, according to a rep from Stan Winston Studio.

"Stan died peacefully at home surrounded by family," a spokeswoman said.

Winston won three visual effects Oscars and earned multiple nominations. His first Oscar was for James Cameron's "Aliens" (1986). Winston later won for "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" (1992) and 1993's "Jurassic Park."

In lieu of flowers, Winston's family is requesting that donations be made to his charities of choice, a list of which will be posted here shortly.

-- Sheigh Crabtree"

Wondering when LA Times would show this. I did a search and couldn't find anything a few minutes before they actually posted this.

Now I am sooooooo sad... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

i haven't seen anything on it yet...but apparently amy winehouse has fainted again. i mean really wtf.

stan winston ruled. like everyone else here i can name off several of my favorite movies in which he had a hand. what a genius. rip, mr. winston.

I see that,amy news a junkie who hates her life:confused:

Truly a sad loss. An amazing artist and a pioneer, not to mention an enormous inspiration to many of us. The man was a creative and visual genius.

That came as a shock.

What a loss for his family and the movie industry.

May he rest in peace. And lets hope his successors have the same talent he had.

Back