Stan Winston Dead!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stan Winston Dead?!?

Wow....I sure didn't expect to see this when I got home. A great loss for sure. Best wishes to his family and rest in peace Stan.

Thank you for all you gave us.

This was definitely a shocker, he must have been working hard to keep his illness from the press, I never heard of anything wrong with him.

Re: Stan Winston passed away

It's OK, this news is going to hit people across the sections of the site. I just wanted to direct people to the existing discussion so they don't miss anything.

This year has been horrible on artists, so many amazing people have passed these past few months. People I looked up to, who inspired me to do great things. Stan's mind and creative genius will live on in the minds of those whom he touched with his kindness and his great body of work. I'm deeply saddened by this news, it's hard to even imagine it.

I was hoping this was not true, 7 years with cancer thats a shocker. I always thought he looked in great shape for his age.

This has really upset me, the first time i ever looked into how they made movie was Jurassic Park. After that i idealised Stan.

Stan is an icon obviously and an irreplaceable talent. I knew he was struggling with a debilitating disease but I am relieved to know he died at peace at home surrounded by loved ones.

terrible news, the legend is dead. god bless stan. my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. also had a double hit today. a friend of the family's son died in a motorcycle accident. sad day.

Oh my God...such shocking sad news...I really looked up to Stan Winston for revolutionizing the make-up, creature effects, and overall special effects industry.

I've always felt that if I didn't end up in the career path that I did, I would've loved to have gone to Hollywood and hopefully go right into the physical special effects industry..and hopefully learn right from Stan Winston himself.

R.I.P. Stan Winston...

My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family, friends and with all the movie-goers and fans you touched with your work.

Thank you so much for making the movies and bringing such creations to life for us all.

Don't know what to say except the heart and prayers of everyone on this board are with you and your family. You were the best.

Wow, I guess it is true. I was definitely hoping it was not so! Very sad day for everyone in the film industry. I know we will all miss his truly masterful work. R.I.P Stan.

I don't know what to really say that hasn't been brought up in any of these posts. Stan is a legend in his industry...pure and simple. He will be missed. My condolences to his family & friends.

From this day forward, the film industry will be forever changed.
Special effects will never be the same without Stan.

R.I.P Stan Winston, such a talented guy.
I loved all his work and he has influenced a generation of new talent, he will be sadly missed.
x :angelsmil

This can't be! WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? He will forever be a true legend in film making. The best in the industry. I still can't believe it. Does anyone know how he died!? Was he even sick!?

Back