Stan Winston Dead!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A legend has passed

I noticed that after I posted the thread. I just got the news from someone else, and I don't bother with the rest of the board, so I didn't realize it had already been posted somewhere else. Feel free to delete. No need for two threads.

I think it's all been merged into this thread...

Still nothing from the major broadcasters:confused:

Re: Stan Winston Dead?!?

Still think I'm gonna have to see it on a major news site before I can believe it... because I don't WANT to believe it... :sick

And if they're picking it up off wikipedia, then that's just lousy news reporting...

This is horrible if it's true. Which I think it must be, there is no reason to hoax such a thing... :monkey2

Stan is one of my idols, his work is party what got me so interested in special effects and the hard work that goes into them. Well, him and Tom Savini. He was an amazing artist and a pioneer in the field.... his work will stand the test of time and his name will carry on for decades to come. I'm really too stunned to add anymore.

Rest in Peace, Stan... :duff

This is horrible if it's true. Which I think it must be, there is no reason to hoax such a thing... :monkey2

Stan is one of my idols, his work is party what got me so interested in special effects and the hard work that goes into them. Well, him and Tom Savini. He was an amazing artist and a pioneer in the field.... his work will stand the test of time and his name will carry on for decades to come. I'm really too stunned to add anymore.

Rest in Peace, Stan... :duff

Amen to that Josh. Stan was an inspiration to us all...

i hope he went without pain. and i hope this isn't a joke, because its just tasteless on whoever started it. this is a sad day indeed. hopefully someone from his family will make a statement.

Very sad and unexpected... he really is a legend of film. He will be missed.

Wow..it is true.

Cannot believe it....

MAN, our prayers go out to stans family but terrible news. He will surely live on thru his work for generations to come.................. R.I.P:(:(:(

It says he passed away Sunday. We usually hear about people within a few hours on the major news sites. Still don't know what to believe. :dunno

Im going to wait and see. Christophor Lee "died" once.....turns out he really didnt.

Stan is the reason I ever got into sculpting, his work has had more of a profound impact on my life's path than any other living artist. I had the pleasure of meeting him during an interview at his studio many years ago, a true gentleman.

Heaven is being raided by robots, dinosaurs, predators, aliens and monsters right now. He will be missed.

0115_stanwinston.jpg

It says he passed away Sunday. We usually hear about people within a few hours on the major news sites. Still don't know what to believe. :dunno

Depends, sometimes when it was expected (like Cancer) the family will keep it under wraps for a few days before announcing it. But if its something sudden (like Ledgers death) its harder to keep a lid on it.

It looks like he was currently working on Terminator 4 and Jurassic Park 4.

Man, it doesn't seem likely this will be anything but reality, but what a sad day in the film world and certainly for his family.

The man had passion for his work and a vision like no other. You look at ADI and what they've done since leaving him and I'm not impressed. Stan was a pioneer and master of his craft, and no matter how much SWS and ADI try to live up to his vision, the world will never know that wonder that could only come from his mind. Very sad news indeed. It wasn't his design most likely, but I actually took inspiriation for my corporate logo from Stan's site because we have the same initials. Hopefully Sideshow will continue it's work with SWS and give us more treasured pieces to remember his work with.

RIP Stan.

I am crying - This is too much to deal with

This will go down as one of the saddest days in my life. He inspired me in so many ways.
I am just thankful that I was able to meet him last year at comic con.

Back