Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I hear Rambo I will always think of First Blood; even though I never ever remember it being called that upon release. Two and three I can't watch. I enjoyed 4 and I will sit and rewatch it when it comes on.
The last Rambo movie...is a waste of time.

As far as figures go First Blood is a must and 4 a maybe.

Rocky figures up until four, but only Rocky from 1. I want the antagonists more.

*Wor Gar

It's not a good film, but you should watch R5 if you can see it for free. He wears the M65 field jacket for a good chunk of the film, so that was kind of cool. He also didn't do anything he couldn't actually do, so you never see him running or jumping. He just sneaks up on people and uses a hammer, a knife, or a gun. He was actually kind of scary by the end of the film, like Jason, but with bad plastic surgery. :lol

It's the stuff of nightmares.

HMv1KkK.jpg

When I hear Rambo I will always think of First Blood; even though I never ever remember it being called that upon release. .
It probably started with the sequel. From that point on they all became Rambo. Another Indiana Jones parallel. All the sequels were called Indiana Jones and *insert* title of the film. I guess it was a form of branding the character maybe? I rarely see anyone use the name Raiders of the Lost Ark. Most people call First Blood, Rambo one. 😔
As far as figures go First Blood is a must and 4 a maybe.
Interesting. I would take a R4 figure, but I'd love a part II, just because that became such an iconic image. It's a simple design, shirtless guy with long hair and a red headband, but for whatever reason it just worked. It almost became a cliché action hero look and parody. Like you put on a headband before going to battle. :lol

What I like about 4 is that he reminds me of Batman in The Dark Knight Returns. He's old, but large and bulky looking. There's even a scene at the end where he jumps off 50 cal gun, and he looked just like Batman in TDKR.
Rocky figures up until four, but only Rocky from 1. I want the antagonists more.

Rocky is tough because I can't think of one "definitive" look for the character. Leather jacket with hat? Training version? Beat up version? Tiger jacket? USA trunks? Rocky 3 poster? Those are the stand outs for me.

Last edited:
OMG, I finally watched parts of Crystal Skull last night, and holy hell was Ford old in 2008. Way too old for Indy. It all looked so ridiculous. Old bow-legged Indy trying to hobble around to pick up his hat every five seconds. And that was 13 years ago!!!

I really can't imagine how sad this Indy 5 will be.

That said, I quite liked Rambo 4 with old Rambo. It fit him somehow. I never saw Rambo 5... and I don't truly want to. I think Rambo 4 ended the series just fine, especially the final shot. Rambo 5 is like Indy 5 (and Indy 4)... wholly unneeded and a total cash/clout grab.
Big Rambo fan here. I agree on Indy, he's way too old to be swinging around on his whip and punching guys. However, while i agree Rambo 4 would have been a perfect ending for that character (love that movie, such badass action scenes) i actually enjoyed Rambo 5. The plot was basically a rip-off of Taken, but it was cool to see Rambo actually speak for once, and while Stallone is OLD he's still a beast, and he was pretty scary whenever he threatened somebody/ ****** them up. Also, most of his action (the climax) revolved around him making traps (like in First Blood) which made him killing dozens of guys more believable. I missed the hair and the headband, though.

Rocky is tough because I can't think of one "definitive" look for the character. Leather jacket with hat? Training version? Beat up version? Tiger jacket? USA trunks? Rocky 3 poster? Those are the stand outs for me.
Definitley Rocky wearing Apollo's USA trunks. He wore those during his final fight with Clubber Lang, and his fight with Drago. And those movies are when he was most ripped, which would make a great looking seemless body (like threezero's Rambo III). Plus, while Rocky 1 might be the best of the franchise, 3 and 4 are fan favorites, and are the most entertaining.

Rambo IV was a great movie and was a good way to end the series with him going home. Last Blood had moments that were great but overall really didn't need to be done especially with dealing with his niece. Poor guy really is a lone wolf.

I'm hoping this Stalloneshop figure is leaps better than the HT M65. That was a long time ago.

That ThreeZero Rambo is really great. I don't personally care for the hair sculpt but overall its is an amazing Rambo and pretty much covers the "superhero soldier" he became starting in Rambo 2.

Picking between First Blood and Rambo 2 is a bit like picking between Alien and Aliens. They are so different in tone, character, and style. Cameron was really good at taking something great and really changing it up, making it different, but just as good in its own way.
The hair sculpt on that ThreeZero is unfortunate. Only Suzy Quatro and Joan Jett have ever made that hair look good.
OMG, I finally watched parts of Crystal Skull last night, and holy hell was Ford old in 2008. Way too old for Indy. It all looked so ridiculous. Old bow-legged Indy trying to hobble around to pick up his hat every five seconds. And that was 13 years ago!!!

I really can't imagine how sad this Indy 5 will be.

That said, I quite liked Rambo 4 with old Rambo. It fit him somehow. I never saw Rambo 5... and I don't truly want to. I think Rambo 4 ended the series just fine, especially the final shot. Rambo 5 is like Indy 5 (and Indy 4)... wholly unneeded and a total cash/clout grab.
Yeah I don't think people are actually getting how such an old, old man is going to play.

We have all been used to "HF is older now" for a long time but yeah 15 years ago you could kinda half look away and get through it - this 2022 one is just going to be at turns painful and laugh-inducing to watch.

You really have to wonder how something so ridiculous got underway.
Big Rambo fan here. I agree on Indy, he's way too old to be swinging around on his whip and punching guys. However, while i agree Rambo 4 would have been a perfect ending for that character (love that movie, such badass action scenes) i actually enjoyed Rambo 5. The plot was basically a rip-off of Taken, but it was cool to see Rambo actually speak for once, and while Stallone is OLD he's still a beast, and he was pretty scary whenever he threatened somebody/ ****** them up. Also, most of his action (the climax) revolved around him making traps (like in First Blood) which made him killing dozens of guys more believable. I missed the hair and the headband, though.
A guy in his mid 70s can sneak up and kill someone with a bowie knife then sneak in somewhere and blow it up, but a guy in his mid 70s leaping from train carriages is just wince-inducing. Rambo's more a soldier, Indy's an adventurer

Rambo is also more modern era action so you can have him driving cool cars/vehicles fast whereas period Indy is more a hang-off-the-vehicle guy than him driving.

When are they going to show all the photos and put the figure up for pre order? Ii can't even find where those teaser photos came from. They just randomly show up here. :lol Are they waiting for the 40th aniversary of this film next year? I wonder if any other companies will release any merchandise. It's rare to see merchandise from First Blood for some reason, not even Funko Pops, and they make everything.

40 years, that is insane. It makes me feel kind of old to think that a character I grew up playing with (Coleco toy line) is that old. 40 years back in the 80's would have been a movie from the 1940's. That's what FB must look like to a kid today. 😖😆

G-zeus, even my Casey Jones signature is from over 30 years ago. 😱

For me I don’t understand why it’s a no brainer for the only Rocky look needed… I say this bluntly out of pure frustration that we still have not seen this l, but its obviously just Rocky 1 in his white trunks. Done that’s it.
He’s a boxer and you need him in boxing gear.

equally iconic is the gray training gear but only after you have boxing Rocky would it be ok to have that. After some simple mods I’m happy with the Kaustic set. But it doesn’t fill the hole in my collection. We need Rocky in boxing gear from Rocky one and everything after that is bonus.

For me I don’t understand why it’s a no brainer for the only Rocky look needed… I say this bluntly out of pure frustration that we still have not seen this l, but its obviously just Rocky 1 in his white trunks. Done that’s it.
He’s a boxer and you need him in boxing gear.

equally iconic is the gray training gear but only after you have boxing Rocky would it be ok to have that. After some simple mods I’m happy with the Kaustic set. But it doesn’t fill the hole in my collection. We need Rocky in boxing gear from Rocky one and everything after that is bonus.
With extra beat up head sculpt. 😉

It probably started with the sequel. From that point on they all became Rambo. Another Indiana Jones parallel. All the sequels were called Indiana Jones and *insert* title of the film. I guess it was a form of branding the character maybe? I rarely see anyone use the name Raiders of the Lost Ark. Most people call First Blood, Rambo one. 😔

Interesting. I would take a R4 figure, but I'd love a part II, just because that became such an iconic image. It's a simple design, shirtless guy with long hair and a red headband, but for whatever reason it just worked. It almost became a cliché action hero look and parody. Like you put on a headband before going to battle. :lol

What I like about 4 is that he reminds me of Batman in The Dark Knight Returns. He's old, but large and bulky looking. There's even a scene at the end where he jumps off 50 cal gun, and he looked just like Batman in TDKR.

Rocky in USA trunks would be hard to pass up, but Rocky in grey sweats, black jacket "muscle" Rocky, and/or Shamrock Meats robe Rocky would be fantastic.

Rambo 5 is not needed, but as a fan of the character, sequels and all, I thoroughly enjoy it is as a fun Rambo movie where his more intelligent side shows again. The only part that disappointed me is that it’s not as good of an end to the series. Like you said, 4 wraps things up with such a beautiful symmetry, it can’t be topped. Rambo 5 feels like it should have come before Rambo 4.

40 years, that is insane. It makes me feel kind of old to think that a character I grew up playing with (Coleco toy line) is that old. 40 years back in the 80's would have been a movie from the 1940's. That's what FB must look like to a kid today. 😖😆

Yep, we're all old men touting the greatness of "40's moving pictures" to an 80's audience. :lol

FB masterpiece
R4 amazing
R5 trash
Do Rambo II and III not exist to you? Lol.

First blood is the best, but Rambo II is the most iconic, and possibly the most fun. Such a kickass 80's action movie. And i find Rambo III underrated as well, it's not as good as II, but it's still an extremely entertaining action fest. And without Rambo II and III, we wouldn't even be here typing on this post right now. They made him a true icon of cinema.

Back