1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be. They'll make 1,000 pieces next time and jack the price another $40.

It's the new mantra at ssc. Also lol at any edition size they list. No promises but I'm hoping snowspeeder luke will be my last ssc figure. And I plan to pick it up much later on ebay at a slashed price.

I have about $100+ in reward points and hoping I can get another $40-$80 during spook.

Hoth Luke Pilot for $60-$120 will be a good deal.

I don't get how the spook thing works - I have like $60 or so in RP; do the Spook points you get last like regular RP, or are they just discount codes (that I guess can't be combined with RP like other codes) and what do you do to get them exactly?

Is there a page that explains Spook points? I can never find an explanation, even after googling it.:gah:

I don't get how the spook thing works - I have like $60 or so in RP; do the Spook points you get last like regular RP, or are they just discount codes (that I guess can't be combined with RP like other codes) and what do you do to get them exactly?

Is there a page that explains Spook points? I can never find an explanation, even after googling it.:gah:

Spook points are just Reward points they give out during Spooktacular, they will last like regular reward points.

They post a code that you copy and go to their website to claim, the reward point value gets added to your current reward point total in your account. The codes however don't last longer than a few minutes, you have to rush to claim the reward points.
During Spook they also send codes in emails that last for awhile so there isn't a rush to claim those.

They will also post discount codes and product specials, these are not Spooktacular reward point codes.

I found this article on Sideshow about Promo Reward words, which is the same as the Spooktacular codes:
https://help.sideshowtoy.com/hc/en-us/articles/207382358-Promo-Rewards-Words
You can go here and enter a promo word or code if you find one:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/spooktacular/

Last edited:
Spook points are just Reward points they give out during Spooktacular, they will last like regular reward points.

They post a code that you copy and go to their website to claim, the reward point value gets added to your current reward point total in your account. The codes however don't last longer than a few minutes, you have to rush to claim the reward points.
During Spook they also send codes in emails that last for awhile so there isn't a rush to claim those.

They will also post discount codes and product specials, these are not Spooktacular reward point codes.

Thanks for that. I will try to score some. When you say they post a code, I should just watch a Spook thread on here for when SSC has posted it? Sounds like it's pretty tight between posting and expiration.

I have about $100+ in reward points and hoping I can get another $40-$80 during spook.

Hoth Luke Pilot for $60-$120 will be a good deal.

That's exactly what I plan on doing. Phasing out of 1/6 but this is a figure I HAVE to buy (just not at that price). Spook Points and Cyber Monday points are going to help.

Thanks for that. I will try to score some. When you say they post a code, I should just watch a Spook thread on here for when SSC has posted it? Sounds like it's pretty tight between posting and expiration.

Yeah, the thread has been relocated to the sandbox, that's where I go for the codes but I check Facebook and twitter anyway just to be sure to grab them when they're available. I'm sure people in that thread will give you more info if you need it, just ask.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...current-discount-codes-ssc-hushhyde-10-a.html

BTW, I added a couple of links with info to my last post.

Some codes literally last 3 minutes -- usually the big money ones. Most are $5 and $10 codes that last 10 minutes to 2 hours. So be alert and move fast. Bookmark the page you need to input the code to for easy access. I think there was $100 worth of points in total last year if you got all the codes.

BTW, you guys have already missed a $10 code a few days ago.

I remember when Jedi Luke (Sideshows first 1:6 SW) came out. Exclusive Edition 1250 and regular 6500. At 50,-- bucks both sold out in minutes.
Yeah i know, quality has been raised by now. But has it raised by 200,-- bucks? I thought that 120-130 was a very good pricepoint for what you get from Sideshow now and to actually sell out their products.

I remember when Jedi Luke (Sideshows first 1:6 SW) came out. Exclusive Edition 1250 and regular 6500. At 50,-- bucks both sold out in minutes.
Yeah i know, quality has been raised by now. But has it raised by 200,-- bucks? I thought that 120-130 was a very good pricepoint for what you get from Sideshow now and to actually sell out their products.

This.:exactly:

Except... no, the quality hasn't been raised all that much overall (headsculpts and bodies aside.) I have that Luke Jedi on display with a different head and body, and the outfit and accessories pretty much hold up to both SSC and HT today.

The old SSC heads and bodies are certainly very dated, as are some of the outfits (e.g. Luke Bespin, smuggler Han,) but as I've said many times, the weapons, accessories and many of the old SSC outfits are close to on-par with today's figures. I always mention Rebel Commando, either of the Imperial officers, Leia Boussh - any of these figures with a better body and head can absolutely stand side-by-side with today's state of the art.

And yeah - if SSC"s figures were 130-150, I'd buy most of them (as I used to). As you get up to $190-200 (2014's standard,) I hesitate - at $220-270, it's gotta be something pretty damn special to even make me take a closer look at buying. Luke Snowspeeder is a grail for me like it is for many, but I can only buy it with RP's - no way would I jump on that as a cash buy. Jawas and TIE Pilot are classic examples - at $130-150, instabuy... at $200-220; not.

Cool to see there are at least some sane people giving pricing some thoughts :wave

Just found two Boba Fett light up stands for my remaining Bounty Hunters.
It's down to 4LOM getting one and then a toss up between Zuckuss and Dengar getting one.

Just found two Boba Fett light up stands for my remaining Bounty Hunters.
It's down to 4LOM getting one and then a toss up between Zuckuss and Dengar getting one.

I was having the same idea about picking up Boba Fett light up stands for my bounty hunter collection. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

As per the Newsletter pre-order begins 22nd November.

Back