1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to pick this guy up. Just the Hasbro one looks to have better proportions, clunky big head and a the proper height. Just seems like allot of work to get it to look presentable: hunting down the chest piece/bandolier and hands mainly. I can handle the paint work. Any advice on putting the time into a Hasbro Zuckuss or should I just get the SS version? I’m in no rush so I’m also thinking a version 2 will be coming within the next couple years but who knows if it’ll be better or worse.

Edit: Same goes for 4-LOM (Hasbro/SS)

The Sideshow fig is gorgeous but it just didn't come out looking much like Z in the movie. The Hasbro one is closer, but it's a lot of work to bring it up to screen accurate. It's a character I really wanted to look like he does onscreen though. I finished my custom fig, but still haven't finished building his rifle yet. I used the Sideshow coat (which is inaccurate in a few ways, sleeves especially) and hands.

I felt the same way about pretty much all the Sideshow bounty hunters except 4-LOM. Sideshow's Dengar, Bossk and Fett all were nice figures, but just weren't very screen accurate to me. IG-88 has problems but with the hasbro 12" IG head swapped in, it looks very close to screen accurate. The 4-LOM however is a blown-away level figure though. The head feels a touch too small, but its a stellar figure in-hand that's very close to accurate.

That’s what I’m thinking. Your custom looks great! I think I’ll pick up both and slowly work on a custom. Was it easy to remove the Hasbro hands and replace with SS’s?
Now just to find a Zuckuss for a reasonable price.

So I pulled the trigger on Zuckuss and got a good deal using some eBay bucks. I’ll pickup a Hasbro one at a later date considering other projects I’m working on right now.

Sale thread....

Looked and the 4-LOM was already sold. Thanks though.

So after initially refusing to entertain the Bounty Hunters for a couple of reasons I've now bought 3 of the Sideshow Bounty Hunters to go with the HT ESB Fett and have an offer of a v2 IG-88. Quick question with regards to this fella. Have people been able to bulk the figure up without too much difficulty? Mine arrived this morning and it looks like it needs a good amount of futzing to get it right so I'd like to expand him while I'm at it. Cheers.

Is it worth upgrading from the Hasbro figure to this version? I can get this guy for about $265 locally. Seems like a lot for what looks to be not a massive improvement.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's a tough call - the Sideshow fig is very nice, though not very screen accurate. The Hasbro figure kinda captures Z better, but it's also a pretty clunky figure overall (hands are bad, pleather peels, head's slightly oversized, weapon's way off.)

I went way over the top with modding the hasbro fig (using some Sideshow parts) and I feel like it's very close to screen accurate but it was a ton of work (I'm still finishing the rifle actually) and I wouldn't recommend it.

Is it worth upgrading from the Hasbro figure to this version? I can get this guy for about $265 locally. Seems like a lot for what looks to be not a massive improvement.

Worth it yes. It’s a very nice looking figure!

I have both figures. The SSC version is much better, IMO. If you're going to for the entire lineup don't skimp out on Z.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Have you gents kept Zuck looking skinny or have you thickened him up a bit?

I think the SSC figure is intended to be what Zuckuss was "supposed" to look like, not how he looked in the movie - so he's less chubby. The problem with fattening is the coat is pretty slim in the sleeves/arms (the actual cuffs are about half the diameter they should be to be screen accurate) and there's not a huge amount of room to pad him out due to metal clips that hold the coat torso shut. There are two rows so what you can do (what I did) is to remove one row of clips - otherwise they become visible when you fatten him up.

The headsculpt isn't hugely accurate to the movie (sculpt and paint, but more paint,) but its a gorgeous piece with the translucent eyes. It's idealized for sure, but it's a super well done figure - even the POTA-style boots are "Zuckuss themed." I did think the painted bottle was a weak effort though - it should have been clear plastic.

I'd buy the figure and see what you can do with it to tweak it closer to screen accurate.

Cheers, Tali. I've actually picked it up. Managed to get all 5 of them with some level of discount over the last month or so, but Bossk and 4-Lom are with friends in Australia at the minute until we arrange an easy shipping option. I must admit I didn't have an issue with the overall look of it but he did seem quite svelt. It was the clips on the coat torso that I was worried about. I think I may just leave him as is rather than mess with him too much but thanks for the tip on the clips being visible. Cheers.

I think the SSC figure is intended to be what Zuckuss was "supposed" to look like, not how he looked in the movie - so he's less chubby. The problem with fattening is the coat is pretty slim in the sleeves/arms (the actual cuffs are about half the diameter they should be to be screen accurate) and there's not a huge amount of room to pad him out due to metal clips that hold the coat torso shut. There are two rows so what you can do (what I did) is to remove one row of clips - otherwise they become visible when you fatten him up.

The headsculpt isn't hugely accurate to the movie (sculpt and paint, but more paint,) but its a gorgeous piece with the translucent eyes. It's idealized for sure, but it's a super well done figure - even the POTA-style boots are "Zuckuss themed." I did think the painted bottle was a weak effort though - it should have been clear plastic.

I'd buy the figure and see what you can do with it to tweak it closer to screen accurate.

Thanks to Toy Anxiety I was finally able to cave and get more Sideshow Zuckuss parts - my custom is probably 50% Sideshow by now. The rifle from the Sideshow figure is incredibly accurate. The one issue is I painted the belts to match the Sideshow hands but they are a bit too yellow, though the costume is more yellowy than it looks in this ref pic.

The Sideshow hands a beautifully accurate sculpt with some really nicely matched finger placement for holding the gun. SSC hands are often too small or too small or have slightly wonky sculpt (like TIE pilot) but these are gorgeous.

I do wish Sideshow had made the coat more bulky though - it's really not possible to stuff it any more than I already have, but it needs to be maybe 20% puffier. And the sleeves are much too snug which hinders articulation. Still, I actually like the weird material it's made of - hopefully it won't degrade as some suggested when the figure was released.

This figure is 11 1/4" tall, so he's pretty short.

32333454457_1cabdc773d_k.jpg

Back