SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't get my $180 figure to stand up for more than a couple of hours without a stand. Can anyone help a brother out with some advise on how to strengthen those weak-a$$ knees?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.

Swap them out for ratchet knees.

:)

LOL I'm guessing the Pro knees can be switched just like Truetype knees? If so, you just pull them apart from the calf and thigh pieces, and should be able to switch them around. I doubt the Pros have changed knee sizes much over time.

If that doesn't work, just trade out the arms with another Pro body. That's the only real difference between Z/RNR and other recent Sideshow figures, right?

LOL I'm guessing the Pro knees can be switched just like Truetype knees? If so, you just pull them apart from the calf and thigh pieces, and should be able to switch them around. I doubt the Pros have changed knee sizes much over time.

If that doesn't work, just trade out the arms with another Pro body. That's the only real difference between Z/RNR and other recent Sideshow figures, right?

Easier said than done. The body not only does it have screws, it is also glued on the sides; more like welded actually. I damaged the body swapping out the arms onto a True Type. The only way to swap out the arms is to crack the body open.

Easier said than done. The body not only does it have screws, it is also glued on the sides; more like welded actually. I damaged the body swapping out the arms onto a True Type. The only way to swap out the arms is to crack the body open.

Don't they make something that will disolve the glue without harming the plastic?

Seems to me that in the year 2012, there should be something like that.

My guess is just strong glue. I'm not aware of any figure I've had where the plastic was welded together. Seems like that would be a difficult and expensive production element.

ok so can i just pull out the knees and get ratchet Pro knees in place or do i need to go through the whole boil and pry thing like the arms....just not clear on this. thanks again fellas.

science man , science.

4234022485_0c5d38c626_z.jpg

Back