SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex ordered!!!! Couldn't say no, my Maul and Qui-Gon look so weird dueling without Obi Wan!!! And at $149, with a light up feature, easy buy!

Just ordered the ex.

I wasn't a fan of the regular headsculpt, but quite like the ex.

$149 is pushing the line, but for an extra head and a light-up lightsaber I'm okay with it.

its funny how many people say the sculpt is way off and the very next post is someone saying it looks pretty good...

most older sideshow figures has pretty plastic looking heads, no skin texture at all. Looks like they are trying to change that and have the look of hot toys figures. Of course this is their prototype, even though each figure is hand painted, who knows if the texture will be there in the figures we receive, if it is I think it looks great, for sideshow!

The price is what Hot Toys used to be, Sideshow is just filling the gap. My old Obi-Wan was $78 delivered, this is double the price, but if the sculpt is more realistic and the light up saber looks good, then its worth it, if the sculpt still looks like smooth plastic in final production then its a huge :slap But I think I will give it a shot and order this one, sell my old one...

Just knew about the extra portrait today. Giving the EX a shot :yess:

But damn, $150! SSC's getting expensive.. My only other 1/6 Jedi fig (ROTS Ani) cost me $55.

Last edited:
Got my exclusive.

That price is too much. For any other character, I would have passed.

Not yet. Just checked.

Long are the days when an exclusive would sell out within an hour of going up for PPO. Even more telling is how many Star Wars figures are still in-stock right now including exclusives. Instead of moving inventory they are just sitting on it and that's not a good sign.

This seems way-high for a human fig - it has no new alien lower legs or arms etc. like say Bossk. The outfit is also a simple set of jedi robes, stuff SSC has done a hundred times.

Likeness is pretty average - not bad, not great either.

Terrible that - even with an extra sculpt thrown in for the ex - the prices have gone as high as this.

This seems way-high for a human fig - it has no new alien lower legs or arms etc. like say Bossk. The outfit is also a simple set of jedi robes, stuff SSC has done a hundred times.

Likeness is pretty average - not bad, not great either.

Terrible that - even with an extra sculpt thrown in for the ex - the prices have gone as high as this.

$150 seems to be the norm now for new Sideshow figures. You can thank Hot Toys for that. Every time they raise the bar on the price point Sideshow thinks they can get away with it as well. I hope it bites them in the ass.

$150 seems to be the norm now for new Sideshow figures. You can thank Hot Toys for that. Every time they raise the bar on the price point Sideshow thinks they can get away with it as well. I hope it bites them in the ass.

I hate to agree, but I hope it does too.

Grudgingly ordered the Ex. The price is too high for what you get and compared with what HT is offering in the Avengers line, I may just drop Kenobi and go with one of those.

Even with the price jumps these days, I wouldn't have expected to pay over $125 for this figure - there's just not that much unique material to warrant it.

Ordered the EX. The sculpt is surprisingly Ewan. The light up saber will never be used though. Wish they would have left it out and dropped the price another $20.

Not that I'm complaining about the price, but it's just really astounding that 2-3 years ago, this figure would've been $65.

Every time I look at that head sculpt... I'm like: "who the hell is that?"

And the exclusive should have been the light up GREEN Qui-Gon saber. Seemed like a no brainier to me.

Its that light up saber that is driving the price up. People have been whining for those for years and now that they get it, they whine it makes the figure cost too much. At this point, I think STFU and either buy something or don't. Don't say you wish it was price X or came with X because you don't want to pay for it in the end. :pfft:

Back