SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preordered Obi this morning. I think it's a good sculpt. Wish I hadn't passed on the AOTC version. I could care less about the light-up saber, but to each their own.

Gotta have him to go with Qui-Gon and Maul.

It's been quite a while since I was last excited over a Star Wars figure.
But the price just really blows. I mean $150..WHY?! :horror

ewan-mcgregor-as-obi-wan-kenobi-in-star-wars.jpg

Too bad I'm a Kenobi fan! :lol

Last edited:
I must pick up 2 hs and finaly light up saber included wish was more blue but hope he sticks around i got a few others 1st before this...BUT finaly getting light up sabers !!! I'm fine with price if was medicom it would be 250 easy.........

Sooooo hope we'll get Grievous with lit-up saber-arms...

Can't imagin' how retarded such a figure would look with 4 Hasbro-style colorful candys.

Yeah! Just saw the grievous preview page again a few hours ago,
and it's funny how they were promising to have him up for PO right after SDCC 2011 :lol
I wonder what happened..

I still want Dooku. Likely the easiest figure to make that they promised us years ago and nothin'-despite him being a critical clone wars character, too, an era they seem to really enjoy putting out product for.

Sooooo hope we'll get Grievous with lit-up saber-arms...

Can't imagin' how retarded such a figure would look with 4 Hasbro-style colorful candys.

no different than the other sideshow figures w/o light up sabers?

I'll be rather irked if THAT's the delay with grevious, however. trying to find a way to make light-up work on him.

TBQH, I do not see ANY way they could make grevious work with light up sabers, and keep all the wires inside his skinny arms.

and having the wires outside his arms would look like butt.

With OBI, his entire forearm contains the light mechanism.

With grievous, I'm expecting his light sabers to be ALREADY molded to his hands.

I don't want light up sabers on anything. Especially greivous.

:lecture

I like the light up feature if the option is there like it is here but I'm not craving for every figure to have it. It's cool, I like it, I'm going to use it, but don't need it.

I definitely do not want Grievous to have a light up feature. With how complex that figure already is, the light up effect is just going to add to the list of things to potentially go wrong with it. I'd much prefer it to be like Lerath666 said and have the sabers molded to the hands and actually that's how I've expected it to be.

And as far as the 'these were $65.00 3 years ago' argument goes, yes, they were, but they looked like total crap. They literally looked no better than a Hasbro doll. If the details were still that bad on these figs, I never would have bothered collecting this stuff. It would be embarrassing to display.

Uh, no. I own Hasbro. I even liked Hasbro. SSC was way better than Hasbro.

My display of stuff from 2007 still looks damn good and at 1/3 the price. Slap the Kit Fisto or Plo Koon sculpt and clothing on a Prometheus body you can pick up for $13 and SSC would be selling you the exact same thing for $140.

Hm, maybe I technically overstated it. The point is, all the old Sideshow stuff looks extremely simplistic compared to what they're doing now or against Hot Toys.

Hm, maybe I technically overstated it. The point is, all the old Sideshow stuff looks extremely simplistic compared to what they're doing now or against Hot Toys.

Not in all aspects.

The SW figures especially have to fit within the confines of the character they're offering.

They've made strides on the headsculpts, paint and on the body.

Beyond that, the clothing and accessories for a Jedi figure today is still pretty much the same as they offered on all the Jedi from 2006-2008.

Pre-ordered today. Cashed in my points for a steep discount- a price I'm more willing to pay for this.

Glad the light up saber did not replace the normal saber with blade.

Put this dude up against SSC Qui Gon..I actually think Qui Gon looks better...and for $110 less...this is laughable at $150...but an old Qui Gon and pop this dudes noggen onto the Qui Gon body...boom..saved at least $80

Let's just hope the engineering on the removable forearm is better than the last execution.
I'd be for some switch out arms on Grievous with light up sabers. That would be cool. We are gonna pay an ass load for him anyway, so he might as well be outfitted to the teeth.

Back