SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the new SSC pricing bench mark.

1/6 scale figures that don't meet this price mark aren't going to be priority for SSC.

I don't expect to see many basic GI Joe or SW figures, for example that would normally trigger a $130 or so range.

SSC is all about chasing margins per release, not so interested in lower retail/ high value offerings.

They're pretty much full scale HT clones now. Go where the greatest margin is.

In otherwords, popular characters that will sell at high markups.

They made 5000 regular and 1000 exclusive for Snake Eyes and Timber so this should be similar or more.

Very torn. The figure looks fantastic (loved the protoype when I saw it at SDCC), and the accessories are very cool... but the price is leaving me cold.

Agreed... I'm kind of interested in the line, but it would break my "film version" rules not to mention I think the price is just too high.

If the final product looks as good as the proto; $190 makes sense... but this is Sideshow and I have a feeling there will be issues.

They made 5000 regular and 1000 exclusive for Snake Eyes and Timber so this should be similar or more.

Yep. The old line of "we charge more for obscure character releases because they have small edition sizes" never seems to translate to the opposite "we lower prices of popular characters because we produce a ****pile of them." :rotfl:rotfl

$190? All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA

Very interested in this line, but at the price point, this is a pass.

I'll wait for the Arkham city Joker from HT instead.

Looks good though

If Hot Toys delivered this same exact figure to us, it'd be $250-$270 and would have crappy eyes and a removable head plate. So I can't really complain about the price (though it is steep for Sideshow). I love the hat head and accessories. He also looks sinister and evil.

This looks like a solid figure, will go great with the Jack Joker and Ledger Joker film versions.

Possibly, it really depends on the quality of the final product. If they are able to match this relatively well, then I'd say bring it on. Two head sculpts, a bunch of accessories, and Kato clothes for $5 bucks less than HT's most basic figures, so long as this doesn't become habitual, I'm fine with it.

It will become habitual, and probably will go up after a couple of releases.

looks very cool but i cant understand the price tag.is dc involved?anyway,does sideshow announce an es for the 1/6 scale figures?

I'm very interested, but $200 is much more than I was expecting. I may wait until this comes out. Based on all the other SS figures I have ( horror, Indy, Universal Monsters ) I'm not sold on a $200 SS figure

^^ That and the Kato suit. HAHAHA! $135- 150...please, there was no way... SSC thinks they are Hot Toys now :lol

In all honesty, this looks just as good as any Hot toy I have seen. I mean that wholeheartedly. I own both companies products too. The Star Wars are painted well and very detailed, and these look even more detailed than that with a lot of accessories to boot, plus full tailoring on the clothing. This is awesome stuff! I have been waiting for these!

And here is the kicker! We finally get COMIC related characters, not overdone and less appealing MOVIE related stuff. Thankfully, SS listens sometimes!

Bring it on! :clap:yess::hi5:

And for some reason, people tend to forget they can get this figure $15 - $20 cheaper at many online and local retailers. Lets be honest here, if anyone laughs at this price, and pays $174 for the Star Wars Boba and IG 88, how hypocritical is that? I knew these would be hitting Hot Toys prices. They are too nicely done not to.

Funny how many people at SDCC confused these for Hot Toys products!That's saying a whole hell of a lot!

Back