SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish their batman looked as good ~ then i would more seriously consider it. but jokes without bats? noooo......

Price sucks. And Sideshow has yet to prove itself at production meeting prototype on a regular basis, so for that price I can wait for in hand pictures and review before I order a regular for less, if I order at all.....meh.

In all honesty, this looks just as good as any Hot toy I have seen. I mean that wholeheartedly. I own both companies products too. The Star Wars are painted well and very detailed, and these look even more detailed than that with a lot of accessories to boot, plus full tailoring on the clothing. This is awesome stuff! I have been waiting for these!

And here is the kicker! We finally get COMIC related characters, not overdone and less appealing MOVIE related stuff. Thankfully, SS listens sometimes!

Bring it on! :clap:yess::hi5:

If the final product looks as good as the proto (especially the costume and paint) then, yeah, it would be like buying a HT figure with a better price. I hope they don't make a 2.0 like HT, that would suck...didn't they do that with Darth Vader? Or is there only one DV? I'm not sure...

And for some reason, people tend to forget they can get this figure $15 - $20 cheaper at many online and local retailers. Lets be honest here, if anyone laughs at this price, and pays $174 for the Star Wars Boba and IG 88, how hypocritical is that? I knew these would be hitting Hot Toys prices. They are too nicely done not to.

Funny how many people at SDCC confused these for Hot Toys products!That's saying a whole hell of a lot!

:exactly::lecture

not only that, entire new bodies and necks are made for this line. you have the Skinny one for this joker (potentially others as well), and the superhero sized one for Bats and Sups and that SS looks to be putting a rubber neck/chest on Sups is new territory for their 1/6. Lots of RnD went into these. but they were still able to keep this below $200 even with 2 sculpts. I'm impressed to say the least

Maybe...but you and other people said/thought this figure would cost 135 -150. That it would be :cuckoo: for anyone to think this figure could cost $200.... well...It seems SSC is full of surprises. Also, SSC knows that people will pay whatever they ask. I mean, people are already saying that if the final product looks good, it's worth the $200 price, when we all know this figure is $50 over-priced :(

it's not $200 though :lol it's $189.99 and it will be about $179.99 at retailers so I was still right that it wouldn't be $200 :nana:

The end result is...Sideshow has to step up to the plate and deliver on the released product. But seeing how awesome the Star Wars and GI Joe stuff is, why would anyone doubt them on this DC line?????

I get so unnerved with all this fanboyism nonsense of one company over another crap! 3A Toys makes great stuff! Hot Toys makes great stuff! Enterbay makes great stuff! Sideshow makes great stuff!

I just don't get why people just don't buy what they like! I don't listen to anyone on this forum. I'm one of the few that like The Boss MGS figure. If I want to buy it I will and keep on stepping! I do appreciate the forums for getting first hand information about problems (legitimate QC stuff...not personal taste stuff). In the Predator Hot Toys City Hunter 2 thread, at least Centurion pointed out what he thinks could be done better and I appreciate that. But thats where it ends for me. I'm still buying that City Hunter Predator 2 from Hot Toys because I don't get all super comparative to the source and the toy (a 1/6 toy at that), and the end result is the City Hunter Predator looks bad *** to me!

Bottom line! People have got to come off their high horse! Appreciate the hard work these artists and sculptors put in their work! Critique the work, but do it respectfully first. Then, you can make flippant remarks because you've already make an eloquent and tasteful critique.

Last edited:
I think Its funny people saying "$190 is a joke" and these being the same people who pay that on hot toys figures because it's become the norm, this is a quality figure and it's up there with hot toys Jokers, so the price is high? ya but it's not like this is below hot toys standard, far from it! That suits Kato's design too.;)

Bats looks every bit as good as Joker to me. I wonder how many accessories he will have. If he has more or about the same, he will be the same price. If he has less, then he will probably cost around $174 like Boba Fett.

there's something off about bats' face to me. i was disappointed by it.

i'm all for ssc giving hot toys a run for their money, though. i love all the accessories that come with this one!

The end result is...Sideshow has to step up to the plate and deliver on the released product. But seeing how awesome the Star Wars and GI Joe stuff is, why would anyone doubt them on this DC line?????

b/c there are lots of newbs to SS 1/6 :lol

(no offense to the newbs of course :1-1: :lol)

i'm all for ssc giving hot toys a run for their money, though. i love all the accessories that come with this one!

they already said twice that the sculpt shown at SDCC has been reworked

They have already said the Batman head was being updated and reworked.

They may charge more for Batman like the Batman pf since they know everyone will still buy it because it's Batman.

Gipetto0812 $190 + Shipping and Handling is $200...oh plus tax if you live in Cali :D Also,other retailers were not part of the discussion, it was always about SSC and their website :mwaha :cut :nana:

Gipetto0812 $190 + Shipping and Handling is $200...oh plus tax if you live in Cali :D Also,other retailers were not part of the discussion, it was always about SSC and their website :mwaha :cut :nana:

we never talked about price plus shipping. everyone always stated SS was going to charge $200+ which they aren't, they are charging $189.99. and it isn't my fault or that of SS that you have to pay tax, blame it on where you live :lol. Tax is not part of the original price. if we're not going to add in retailer prices then don't add in tax as part of your reasoning either. simple fact it's $189 which does not equal $200 :huh

Last edited:

I get so unnerved with all this fanboyism nonsense of one company over another crap! 3A Toys makes great stuff! Hot Toys makes great stuff! Enterbay makes great stuff! Sideshow makes great stuff!

I just don't get why people just don't buy what they like! I don't listen to anyone on this forum. I'm one of the few that like The Boss MGS figure. If I want to buy it I will and keep on stepping! I do appreciate the forums for getting first hand information about problems (legitimate QC stuff...not personal taste stuff). In the Predator Hot Toys City Hunter 2 thread, at least Centurion pointed out what he thinks could be done better and I appreciate that. But thats where it ends for me. I'm still buying that City Hunter Predator 2 from Hot Toys because I don't get all super comparative to the source and the toy (a 1/6 toy at that), and the end result is the City Hunter Predator looks bad *** to me!

Bottom line! People have got to come off their high horse! Appreciate the hard work these artists and sculptors put in their work! Critique the work, but do it respectfully first. Then, you can make flippant remarks because you've already make an eloquent and tasteful critique.

I just saw a post on SSC's Facebook saying that they shouldn't be charging $190 because they're "not Hot Toys." As if HT has any more of a right to charge what they do. ****, this thing is $5 less than Bane and Catwoman, both of which come with practically nothing on the accessory front.

And for some reason, people tend to forget they can get this figure $15 - $20 cheaper at many online and local retailers. Lets be honest here, if anyone laughs at this price, and pays $174 for the Star Wars Boba and IG 88, how hypocritical is that? I knew these would be hitting Hot Toys prices. They are too nicely done not to.

Funny how many people at SDCC confused these for Hot Toys products!That's saying a whole hell of a lot!

Are these DC 1/6 from SS suppose to be of compareable quality to HT?

Dangit. That looks really, really good. I'm going to have to decide between this and the Arkham City version once it gets shown. That will be a really tough time.

I just saw a post on SSC's Facebook saying that they shouldn't be charging $190 because they're "not Hot Toys." As if HT has any more of a right to charge what they do. ****, this thing is $5 less than Bane and Catwoman, both of which come with practically nothing on the accessory front.
:clap:exactly::lecture

So many ppl ride HT nuts all the time just b/c of who they are. SS has been making great products for YEARS!!! so many newbs think if it doesn't have HT on the box then it's not worth a dime

the price is comparatively fair if the quality is equal (and it seems many feel it will be). i can't afford to chase both this line and the nolanverse, which is the only reason i was hoping it might be cheaper.

and even then i might yet cave if the reworked batman looks great. we'll see.

Back