SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pics make it look the best so far. Is it moded? It doesn't look skinny and the head doesn't look big.

I do notice you widened the neck opening on the suit and cape so the shoulder muscles show more. If that is all you did, I'm getting this. That heat vision head is so good.

I agree. Although it is still there it is not as bad as shown before. I think having it in company kinda washes out the peculiarities. But really happy for the folks that got it and hasn't regretted it once in hand.

I'm gonna get it off ebay. I won't buy it from Sidesow as that'll be supporting their medicrity (still disappointed at the body thing) and hopefully they'll make better decisions next time.

Plus, it will be cheaper.

Your pics make it look the best so far. Is it moded? It doesn't look skinny and the head doesn't look big.

I do notice you widened the neck opening on the suit and cape so the shoulder muscles show more. If that is all you did, I'm getting this. That heat vision head is so good.

I haven't done a thing to him, M. In fact I didn't even intentionally widen the neck opening, it just laid like that when I futzed the cape. I don't think the head looks too big at all either. I'm more impressed with the heat vision head than I thought I'd be too. Looked kinda cheezy in most pics I've seen but it's actually really nice.

If you like the way he looks in the pics I've posted then you'll like him in hand. He's a nice figure.

has anyone moved this to a true type body yet, was thee any modding needed to head to get it on the body?

Got him on the comic book stand right now.

image.jpg

I haven't done a thing to him, M. In fact I didn't even intentionally widen the neck opening, it just laid like that when I futzed the cape. I don't think the head looks too big at all either. I'm more impressed with the heat vision head than I thought I'd be too. Looked kinda cheezy in most pics I've seen but it's actually really nice.

If you like the way he looks in the pics I've posted then you'll like him in hand. He's a nice figure.
Boy, you have a great talent at posing.

Are you still going to do all that modifying and stuff?

Boy, you have a great talent at posing.

Are you still going to do all that modifying and stuff?

Thank you, M!

I can't decide about the mods now. I really like the pics some have posted of him on Bats' body but seeing him in person has changed it from a necessity to an is it really worth the trouble situation. I've got some Reeve shorties on the way so that may end up being the only thing I change.

Great stuff, Coco. Flash photography doesn't flatter this figure...natural shadows makes all the difference, probably another reason it will look better in hand. I'll probably use a piece of double sided sticky something-or-other to hold the cape in place under the collar. Your CR trunks (I believe) will make a world of difference.

They way you have him posed really negates the big head & long neck issue we've seen in previous pics. It looks great! Mine arrives tomorrow and all I'm going to do is slap the CR trunks on him & call it a day. And, as always, your custom stands really make for an impressive display. Respectamundo!

Thanks, joda! :rock

And Thank you so much, Karnis!

Flash can kill any figure. I hate using it. When you get yours tomorrow I hope you're as surprised as I was as to how MUCH better it looked after you were able to pose it yourself and look at it in your own collection. I couldn't believe how bad, big headed and thin most pics made him look.

There appears to be a lot of similarities between this figure and CR Superman. I think aesthetically, SS Superman has the upper hand. I think the proportions of the shoulders to the hips is much better with the SSS. The articulation is better with the hot toys supes. ( Did any one notice that SSS lost the waist articulation as compared to SS bats.). I think if sideshow adds double jointed elbows, and waist articulation, it would be a better body then the Hot Toys figure.

The only thing better than the chicken littles are the old timers saying don't listen to the chicken littles. Everyone's opinion. Still not worth $200... FACT.

Worth will always be opinionated. I think we are getting bent over from all the doll makers. But it is what it is....

Haven't had much time to mess with Supes, but right out of the box he is a nice looking figure. Yea, the britches need fixed but I like the look of the figure on the stock body. Standing him next to HT Reeve and I have to say I like the SS figure more. Sure the HT is better quality, but at least SS put the S shield on the chest straight.....

The jaw doesn't look anywhere close to as wide as it does in pics and the neck doesn't look skinny. I'll prolly swap over to the Bats body or maybe just bulk up the leg muscles a bit with some apoxi sculpt.

The head vision head is pretty nice.

So, I'm happy with the purchase. Wish he came with a chunk of kryptonite though.

There appears to be a lot of similarities between this figure and CR Superman. I think aesthetically, SS Superman has the upper hand. I think the proportions of the shoulders to the hips is much better with the SSS. The articulation is better with the hot toys supes. ( Did any one notice that SSS lost the waist articulation as compared to SS bats.). I think if sideshow adds double jointed elbows, and waist articulation, it would be a better body then the Hot Toys figure.

The waist on both figures are the same, its just tighter on Superman.

Back