SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outside of the trunks having the badly sewn belt loops, I'm not sure you could have anything bad to say about this figure in these pics. Nicely done coco! :clap

I actually really like the upper body physique in these shots. Like you are doing, add the HT Reeve trunks and this is a winner. Maybe, maybe some more bulk in the thighs but that's being super picky.

I'd be happy with that right there.

What I find interesting is why didn't sideshow make a clear stand to attach to the base so he looks like he is flying without a harness.

I noticed Michael Crawford on his 2014 review, considered the SSC Superman as one of the Top 3 WORST figures in it's category for 2014. I think he should have waited till he had it in hand...

I noticed Michael Crawford on his 2014 review, considered the SSC Superman as one of the Top 3 WORST figures in it's category for 2014. I think he should have waited till he had it in hand...

Yeah I'm not sure how you can review something if you've never actually had it in hand. Looks like it's just all popular opinion.

In that case this year the worst figure will be HT Vader lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those who have removed the belt, at what point does it open? The front?

it doesn't open. You have to un-glue the belt buckle.

There are some multimedia statues that do have joints. But that misses the point. The point is to get a better figure. I have some shots below which illustrates muscular arms that are double jointed.

View attachment 162384View attachment 162383View attachment 162385.MOS arm looks fine to me.

Like I said before, I personally do not like the round elbow. And the HT body arms do not have the bulk of the Sideshow Superhero body.

it doesn't open. You have to un-glue the belt buckle.

Like I said before, I personally do not like the round elbow. And the HT body arms do not have the bulk of the Sideshow Superhero body.

I think it is about design. In your example, that was a make shift--no design involved. Where as when there is planning and design involved, you get this. JACKS - 20150129_140553.jpg Which I think looks great.

Actually that would look decent. That's the Medi Wolvie right? Still, elbow articulation is not a deal breaker for most of us. Do I wish it had it, yes. Does it bother me it doesn't, not alot. I'm bother more by the lack of QC than anything else. I rather they would have fixed the crappy undies Superman got, than the lack of elbow articulation.

Here you go, a few quick pics. I'm using the CR trunks and the SS belt. The only other mod I did was to bulk up the neck some with some tissue paper to try & reduce the impact of the jowls (in fact I may bulk it up a bit more). Overall I'd say it's a good figure...not great...made better by ditching the god awful trunks. BTW they will always look like diapers IMHO because the hems are just too big & bulky. In summary, yes, the head is a little too big, the body a little to skinny and the eyes a little too "Charles Manson", but with just a little work it can be elevated from good to pretty good. Also, the eyes are just like Batman eyes, so when you pop out the plug & expose the eye plate, you can tilt the eyes slightly so they look up some (showing more white under the pupils) and reduce the Manson effect. Haven't done it yet but I saw that Tony has and it was an improvement. Every little bit helps.

Hhhmmm, I didn't realize it was so chilly in the man cave. :slap :wink1:

Attachments

• IMG_20150129_185806767.jpg
    IMG_20150129_185806767.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_20150129_190034081.jpg
    IMG_20150129_190034081.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_20150129_190128416.jpg
    IMG_20150129_190128416.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_20150129_190349388.jpg
    IMG_20150129_190349388.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
nice pics ! didn't think the panty MOD was required but after seeing yours I may change my mind!
I just found out that superdupe is at home waiting on my arrival (damn tuck at work )
1st thing I am going to do is port this over to a HT ZOD bod, (only for the better articulation)

May do this Eye Mod but will see n hand, so excited to finally get this :)

Actually that would look decent. That's the Medi Wolvie right? Still, elbow articulation is not a deal breaker for most of us. Do I wish it had it, yes. Does it bother me it doesn't, not alot. I'm bother more by the lack of QC than anything else. I rather they would have fixed the crappy undies Superman got, than the lack of elbow articulation.

I want this line to survive. I want a Flash figure. I want a Green Lantern figure--The house is on fire and no one wants to admit.

I want this line to survive. I want a Flash figure. I want a Green Lantern figure--The house is on fire and no one wants to admit.

Admit what? That Sideshow has been dropping the ball and have f'ed up QC issues, we know that. We will get Flash and GL don't worry about that. Superman's design was bad, but not as bad as I originally thought.

I personally want sideshow to continue the DC line. They do need to make a presence in china about Quality Control. Because they need more that a hairy eyebrow and finger scolding at this point.

I know it's hard to make a figure with no set artist or period of time. However with DC comics as with Marvel. It's a safe bet to know that people in there high 20's through 40's to early 50's are the market.

That being said anything from late 60's through early. Early 90's are a safe bet. The newer stuff has a smaller niche marketability. Personally sideshow should split dc into a flashback line and somewhat modern line. Golden age and early silver age are better in statues. Because even these have a smaller niche now due to market. Older more refined collectors go for statues less small pieces to deal with.

I fear though this line might drop short because like gijoe they will get bored and move on.

For me even with all the issues, and there are plenty of issues with this figure, I want to add it to my collection. However, I don't want to add it with its issues at this price point. Right now, even with the better pics, I couldn't live with the problems this figure has in my eyes. Although working on a figure is fun to start a figure at $200+ and work up just to make it passable kills the fun.

For me even with all the issues, and there are plenty of issues with this figure, I want to add it to my collection. However, I don't want to add it with its issues at this price point. Right now, even with the better pics, I couldn't live with the problems this figure has in my eyes. Although working on a figure is fun to start a figure at $200+ and work up just to make it passable kills the fun.

You gotta pay to play homie. :cool:

Back