SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I see, the way the belt hole things are on the trunks are the reason the belt can't stay up there.

Just "futzing" with it won't do in my opinion.

I've never tried it before on a figure, but I'm thinking (and I'm sure some of the experienced customizers could confirm) maybe the belt can be glued to the top of the trunks so that there isn't the separation.

I've never tried it before on a figure, but I'm thinking (and I'm sure some of the experienced customizers could confirm) maybe the belt can be glued to the top of the trunks so that there isn't the separation.
But that is what I'm getting at. We're talking futzing or customizing?

Without doing anything drastic, there is no way it will look any better than what Sideshow is showing in the pics.

But it is too small when you consider that it's not meant to be a one-off figure, but part of a full line (DC). That he's smaller than Batman is BAD.

:lol What is funny is that Superman will probably be as thin as The Flash or Aquaman with this slimmer body or that they read this and go bigger for the heroes and Superman ends up smaller.

The heads and paint are not nearly up to par for a $200 figure. And those shorts & belt... wow. And I also refuse to spend this much money on a figure only to turn around and invest MORE just to get it to look the way it should have in the first place. This figure is a swing and a miss, sadly. Batman was so good.

That's true. It's troublesome when you have to fix something out of the box immediately. I really want an SSC Superman, hopefully we get some sort of variant or something that gives us a classic styling properly.

Has there been any word on when this is supposed to ship? New pictures of the actual figure are up but still no charge notices.

Nothing is going in or out while the problems are going on with the dockworkers. I would imagine there is a bit of a wait on this one.

But that is what I'm getting at. We're talking futzing or customizing?

Without doing anything drastic, there is no way it will look any better than what Sideshow is showing in the pics.

This does appear to be more than just futzing. You would think that at the very least the photographer or someone helping with the shoot would have fixed those shorts and belt. In all the pics the shorts and belt sit the exact same way. I know when taking pictures you don't catch everything that needs fixing, but the belt and shorts are glaring. So, either they don't care or they can't be futzed. However, I wouldn't put it past them not to care.

This does appear to be more than just futzing. You would think that at the very least the photographer or someone helping with the shoot would have fixed those shorts and belt. In all the pics the shorts and belt sit the exact same way. I know when taking pictures you don't catch everything that needs fixing, but the belt and shorts are glaring. So, either they don't care or they can't be futzed. However, I wouldn't put it past them not to care.
Exactly. They obviously tried to make it look as best as possible, reason why they don't show any frontal pics.

That is why I think that is the best they were able to get the belt and trunks to look.

But it is too small when you consider that it's not meant to be a one-off figure, but part of a full line (DC). That he's smaller than Batman is BAD.

My conspiracy theory is that they want us to get used to Batman being bigger so it isn't so jarring to see it on screen in BvS.

Looks like Superman joined Patrick Swayze's gang of bank robbers in Point Break.

tumblr_mhpln1PbNd1ryrby9o1_500.gif

ssc ...just stop trying will you .........
:rotfl

I think this figure represents a great lesson in saving $200.
Yep. I am getting the Medicom New 52 Batman and Superman to finally have a decent Superman on display.

I'll have to wait if any company will make a decent classic Superman to go with my Sideshow Batman

You are being sarcastic, right?
You know, when the crappy pics and reviews of this figure started to come out, I actually went and looked for the medicom Superman too :lol

That's what this figure does to people in need of a Supes figure, it feeds you hope and then it kills it, this figure is the Bane of figures.

You know most people are going to try and bash one anyways. You still end up spending almost the same amount trying to get pieces from MD or TA. I'm still keeping my order, use what I need and sell the parts I don't use.

See, I don't mind paying and building up to $200 to get a good Superman figure. I would rather not go that high, but I can justify it. The problem arises when it starts at $200 and then have to go up.

Back