SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, when the crappy pics and reviews of this figure started to come out, I actually went and looked for the medicom Superman too :lol

That's what this figure does to people in need of a Supes figure, it feeds you hope and then it kills it, this figure is the Bane of figures.

You're better off bashing one bro. Talk about an overpriced figure.

Scale aside,as a comic version the DC DIRECT Supes beats this.. superman_classic.jpg

You're better off bashing one bro. Talk about an overpriced figure.
New 52? Yeah it's overpriced, but so is SSC's one.

At least New 52 RAH has the right proportions, the right sculpt and it's supposed to be shinny and rubbery, since that's how the new 52 armor looks.

And the classic Supes RAH is $170 in BBTS I bet if you hunt it down you can get it for less.

So I'm questioning whether getting SSC one is actually the best option.

Maybe bashing IS the best option :lol

New 52? Yeah it's overpriced, but so is SSC's one.

At least New 52 RAH has the right proportions, the right sculpt and it's supposed to be shinny and rubbery, since that's how the new 52 armor looks.

And the classic Supes RAH is $170 in BBTS I bet if you hunt it down you can get it for less.

So I'm questioning whether getting SSC one is actually the best option.

Maybe bashing IS the best option :lol

Well, Medicom Supes is well undersized compared to any SSC or Hot Toys figure. It has a long skinny stomach that looks weird, no accessories to speak of and a plain stylized head with hardly any paint apps. I think bashing is a better option. I hope Tony, Sosa and Ashkan offer the parts needed to create a perfect Superman :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Scale aside,as a comic version the DC DIRECT Supes beats this.. View attachment 157674

I liked the Classic version DCD Supes for what it was but I think the SS version edges it out.

The DCD version had horrible boots, bad cut joints, poor paint apps, nice musculature but the arms stuck way out and the suit had a funky shine to it.

I was still gonna get another and do a couple mods to it until I saw SS was making one in a proper scale. Now I'll just mod theirs. :D

I liked the Classic version DCD Supes for what it was but I think the SS version edges it out.

The DCD version had horrible boots, bad cut joints, poor paint apps, nice musculature but the arms stuck way out and the suit had a funky shine to it.

The DCD one also wasn't a ridiculous $200.

Im not kidding about the RAH new 52. I really like the Hush figure aside from the skinny thigh which was an easy fix since the suit is easily removable.

The sculpts are very close to the comics and the suits look good aside from the capes, which aren't that bad. The body proportins are good and the height, if they are similar to the Hush figs, is the same as the Sideshow Batman.

I also prefer the comic style proportions since they are based on comics.

For me, Medicom New 52 Superman beats Sideshow Superman. There are some things that bother me but are very minor, unlike the SS one, which has one major one to not like it at all.

Better proportions. Better sculpt in my opinion.

And this is how it will look right out of the box

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420948226447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420948226447.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 363
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420948236346.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420948236346.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 370
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420948247676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420948247676.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 428
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420948259408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420948259408.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 366
Better proportions. Better sculpt in my opinion.

And this is how it will look right out of the box

You got on me proportion, head sculpt I disagree, but that's my own preference. I actually don't care for the new 52 look. And if you are comparing the Hush Supes, I prefer the cloth costume over the plastic one. Don' t get me wrong there is a lot to dislike about the SSC Supes, but I can fix that.

Last edited:
I like it all except his head. Other than the wonky jawline which looks really bad, the problem with this and the Batman version is their faces have too much detail in them. That sounds crazy to say because we always want details added but the details in the face don't match the simple nature of the costume. These faces look realistic yet the costumes look like they are right out of the comic book. We don't see this type of detail when we read comic books. This looks like a real man's head on a doll's body. These figures are a perfect example of why people say comic book costumes don't translate to film very well. They say it looks funny to see people running around in spandex so we have to make the movie costume look more "realistic" so they dress the character in leather or whatever. We see the same thing here; the realistic features of the face just don't match the comic-look of the costume. How do you fix that? Simple. Just tone down the details of the face. Stop trying to sculpt every nook and cranny in the guy's face. Soften the sculpt so it doesn't look like a real freakin' head on a doll's body. The costumes on the Superman and Batman figures look great (not $200 great but that's another tale to be told); it's the realistic freakin' heads that need to be simplified and toned down.

Now someone rep me with one of those green dots for solving this problem...

Last edited:
I like it all except his head. Other than the wonky jawline which looks really bad, the problem with this and the Batman version is their faces have too much detail in them. That sounds crazy to say because we always want details added but the details in the face don't match the simple nature of the costume. These faces look realistic yet the costumes look like they are right out of the comic book. We don't see this type of detail when we read comic books. This looks like a real man's head on a doll's body. These figures are a perfect example of why people say comic book costumes don't translate to film very well. They say it looks funny to see people running around in spandex so we have to make the movie costume look more "realistic" so they dress the character in leather or whatever. We see the same thing here; the realistic features of the face just don't match the comic-look of the costume. How do you fix that? Simple. Just tone down the details of the face. Stop trying to sculpt every nook and cranny in the guy's face. Soften the sculpt so it doesn't look like a real freakin' head on a doll's body. The costumes on the Superman and Batman figures look great (not $200 great but that's another tale to be told); it's the realistic freakin' heads that need to be simplified and toned down.

Now someone rep me with one of those green dots for solving this problem...

None of which explains why Sideshow's sculpt looks more like a cartoon than this...

url

...or this...

4202204-7119712926-Super.jpg

...or many other drawn examples of the character.

attachment.php

I think Sideshow was going for a retro Mego look, because that stuff seems to be all the rage right now.

I like it all except his head. Other than the wonky jawline which looks really bad, the problem with this and the Batman version is their faces have too much detail in them. That sounds crazy to say because we always want details added but the details in the face don't match the simple nature of the costume. These faces look realistic yet the costumes look like they are right out of the comic book. We don't see this type of detail when we read comic books.
Yes we do :huh

SupermanAlexRoss.jpg

The amount of detail is not the problem at all, it's the bad tailoring and the bad proportions, nothing more.

This looks like a real man's head on a doll's body. These figures are a perfect example of why people say comic book costumes don't translate to film very well.
What? :lol have you seen the premium format? Tell me that wouldn't translate well.

There are a LOT of examples of silly costumes translated to film perfectly.

They say it looks funny to see people running around in spandex so we have to make the movie costume look more "realistic" so they dress the character in leather or whatever. We see the same thing here; the realistic features of the face just don't match the comic-look of the costume.

Again, premium format.

How do you fix that? Simple. Just tone down the details of the face. Stop trying to sculpt every nook and cranny in the guy's face. Soften the sculpt so it doesn't look like a real freakin' head on a doll's body. The costumes on the Superman and Batman figures look great (not $200 great but that's another tale to be told); it's the realistic freakin' heads that need to be simplified and toned down.
Nope, that's not the problem at all, you're trying too hard to wash SSC's hands, they made a bad figure, don't blame the design.

Last edited:
If that dcd classic suit fits the new ssc body, so should all the rest no??

yes they all should as i think nearly all the main hero guys dcd put out had the same body ,the only issue with the ssc bats body is the fore arms taiper really thin in the wrist section ,with bats its no problem because the gauntlet section of the gloves cover it up ,but on a supes conversion it will show ,i used a little foam rubber to compensate for the thin wrists

Back