SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wonder if sideshow will be more selective with sending out to reviewer's. It always seems the worst posers get it 1st. I dont understand why companys dont promote thier own product. Its like coke asking its customers to make a commercial i dont understand other then spreading the product out on net to reach its fans.

I doubt they would let me do it I'll be to honest lol.

Another photo review is on Sideshow's site. What a hit and miss with their 1/6 figures.

Superman_Unboxed_6471.jpg

Superman_Unboxed_6516.jpg

Superman_Unboxed_6561.jpg

Holy crap! When did Superman turn Hispanic? :huh

All these years waiting for a good comic version Superman and it was so close to been the definitive.

I like the head sculpts, I don't mind the shorts, much less the suit. The boots are exellent.

But the freaking body is bad enough to not want it at all. The neck is too skinny and the only angle that it looks ok is having him looking to the side. Maybe a flying pose won't look as bad.

And to make things worse, Sideshow now decides to make the suits non-removable, making it even more difficult to swap bodies.

Very disappointed in Sideshow right now.

All these years waiting for a good comic version Superman and it was so close to been the definitive.

I like the head sculpts, I don't mind the shorts, much less the suit. The boots are exellent.

But the freaking body is bad enough to not want it at all. The neck is too skinny and the only angle that it looks ok is having him looking to the side. Maybe a flying pose won't look as bad.

And to make things worse, Sideshow now decides to make the suits non-removable, making it even more difficult to swap bodies.

Very disappointed in Sideshow right now.

If it's like batman then it has easy to remove stitches that only go to mid back the costume just peels off so it should be easy for anyone to sew it back up even with lazy man stitches(men's version of stitching) So if you want to use a ht body or new kaustic plastic then have fun. Zippers in the back look odd and it makes it hard not to notice it on the cape.which is why not to have.

If it's like batman then it has easy to remove stitches that only go to mid back the costume just peels off so it should be easy for anyone to sew it back up even with lazy man stitches(men's version of stitching) So if you want to use a ht body or new kaustic plastic then have fun. Zippers in the back look odd and it makes it hard not to notice it on the cape.which is why not to have.

They could have made them a 2 piece, like Tony makes his.

If it may help, i tried this a while back i have a spare evil supes suit an i tried it on the ss bats n this are the picts. HONESTLY ss should have used the same body for this figure. .

Which pictures though? The most recent ones look fine. The unposed, unfutzed, overexposed ones - yeah, those make it look less than great.

Well why are the reviewers who aren't doing these figures justice getting them first? It seems counter-productive. I know Optibotimus has a high number of subscribers but he's not a customizer and he won't futz with a figure that doesn't look good right out of the box. He'll give his opinion and honestly it will be quite positive but if the figure looks bad his high recommendations won't change what we actually see in the video reviews. The guys at Comicvine and IGN won't futz with a figure, either. They'll be impressed with it but again their high praise won't change what we see in the videos. Maybe they should give it to other reviewers like Carlos OneSixthScale and The Clipper King(I can still call him that.) Did you see what alterations Clipper did to the ESB/ROTJ Vader and the Stealth Cap? He knows how to make a figure shine. It's a crime that Carlos wasn't able to review this figure first, he's a huge Superman fan as is Stew Murray. If they got this figure first we'd be jumping for joy because they would make ol' Supes look great with a nip here and a tuck there.

Well, I wouldn't dare unstitch that. Don't really understand why a small zipper or velcro would look weird since it would be covered by the capes. The zippers are really small and slim, so I doubt they would stick out and be noticed with cape on top. Those would have been the best options.

I know the body is smaller than everyone expected including me. Against Batman I think Duped should be a bit smaller. Batman is a man at the peak of physical condition. That means hours of intense exercise that blew his body up proportionately to the average guy. On the other hand Supetman needs no physical training his powers come from absorbing the rays of our sun, no exercise required. As such Superman would be smaller physically than Batman.

I hate being influenced by what I read here, but I just can't justify spending 250$ on this. The illusion has to be there that it isn't a doll and for the price to what I'm seeing with all these new photos. I can't do it. Cancelled.

I hate being influenced by what I read here, but I just can't justify spending 250$ on this. The illusion has to be there that it isn't a doll and for the price to what I'm seeing with all these new photos. I can't do it. Cancelled.

Me too. I've preordered this figure, but seeing the final result and the price with shipping included, and considering the rest of great items with the same range of price, I think I'm cancelling this too. Usually I don't cancel any item I preorder. As a collector I have the premise that if I can afford it and I like the prototype, I make the preorder it, and if I don't like the final product I can sell it later. But in this case, and for me (this is a personal thought) the only thing I like is the costume (tunic, cape and boots basically). The same thing happened to me with the Man Of Steel-PVC PF. I had to cancel it due to the final product (but this is other story). The point here is simple, SShow make good figures and bad ones. This is a bad one for me. I don't want to attack SShow quality control or sculptors or whatever they do wrong. I just simply don't buy it.

I know the body is smaller than everyone expected including me. Against Batman I think Duped should be a bit smaller. Batman is a man at the peak of physical condition. That means hours of intense exercise that blew his body up proportionately to the average guy. On the other hand Supetman needs no physical training his powers come from absorbing the rays of our sun, no exercise required. As such Superman would be smaller physically than Batman.

You know, it's not really about the body been too small or too big, it just does not look good as it is. A bigger body would have just been a better and easier solution that redoing it into a smaller head.

And on the comics, Superman has always been a big guy. I respect your point of view, but I take it more as a way for you to accept the sorriness of this figure.

And I read somewhere that Sideshow believed the same thing you do but when I think of batman I don't think bulky. I think of Martial artists like Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris or Van Damme. Batman is a master of the Martial arts but he uses his mind as much as his physical body.

Superman doesn't have to be bulky but his physique needs to be impressive and that body might be good enough but not when it's combined with an oversized head.

I think the sculptor sculpted the heads of batman and superman to be in scale with each other. And when batman's head was slightly too big for it's muscled body it was way too big for the superman's smaller body.

I've heard this before and it's great reasoning if this weren't suppose to be a comic book based, non-realistically proportioned version of the character. Most wanting this, including me, were hoping for a bulkier Superman, one inspired more by the comics than an actor.

Has there ever been a figure receiving this much backlash on SSC's own FB page?

I remember seeing at LEAST a couple of positive comments on Drake (blind customers, whatever) but this thing is getting ZERO support.

Back