SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the body being a little skinny (and I stress a little skinny, he's not as skinny as Chris Reeve), exactly what about this figure is not comic-based? The outfit is clearly comic-based. So is the headsculpt. So are the colors used. The style of belt and boots and cape. The Emblem. I think everyone can agree that they would have preferred him bulkier, but to suggest that it's not comic-style, or only bares "just a passing familiarity" is ridiculous.
And I'll say it again. EVERY iteration of Superman in the comics is an "interpretation". It's that particular artist's interpretation. That's why everyone draws him slightly different. Not all comic versions of Superman were gigantic. Same can be said for Batman...

If this is a comic based figure, which I contend it is not, then tell me what comic is it based on? Yes all comic artists have their own interpretation of a character so tell me what comic artist did they use for their interpretation?

Me saying this is SSC's interpretation is a response to people saying this does not look like a comic based Superman. I do not believe this is a comic based Supes. If it is what about it says "comic?" For example if it was based on Neal Adams work then I would expect it to have a set of Kryptonite chains for him to break or a battle damaged head for his boxing match with Muhammad Ali. This looks like a generic Superman that is based on the idea of the character. If you are gonna hide behind the comic shield you'd better be ready to defend yourself with examples when someone questions your design choices. Saying this is how we view Superman only confirms my hypothesis. Man do I want an Ed McGuinness Superman.

It'll be interesting to see how many of us kept our orders as well as see the in hand pics roll in in a few weeks. No way I'm canceling mine. I can easily make him look exactly like I want to.

It'll be interesting to see how many of us kept our orders as well as see the in hand pics roll in in a few weeks. No way I'm canceling mine. I can easily make him look exactly like I want to.

I kept my order...

... But I have an excuse! I collect every 1/6 Superman fig I can get my hands on.

I don't think this one looks to good. But it's not THAT bad either. As usual, I'm 100% sure it'll be much better in hand.

The heads are okay, the body will do. I would have had him mor buff, but I'm glad they didn't go with the Batman body. All the examples I've seen with Supes on this body make him look like an ape. Supes should look regal, not like a gorilla. I'll leave that to Batman.

Now, I don't like the way the capes look but I'm sure it can be remedied. The real issue are the trunks. Now THAT looks awfulness!:(

If this is a comic based figure, which I contend it is not, then tell me what comic is it based on? Yes all comic artists have their own interpretation of a character so tell me what comic artist did they use for their interpretation?

Me saying this is SSC's interpretation is a response to people saying this does not look like a comic based Superman. I do not believe this is a comic based Supes. If it is what about it says "comic?" For example if it was based on Neal Adams work then I would expect it to have a set of Kryptonite chains for him to break or a battle damaged head for his boxing match with Muhammad Ali. This looks like a generic Superman that is based on the idea of the character. If you are gonna hide behind the comic shield you'd better be ready to defend yourself with examples when someone questions your design choices. Saying this is how we view Superman only confirms my hypothesis. Man do I want an Ed McGuinness Superman.

They are comic inspired figures. Anyone can see that.

I kept my order...

... But I have an excuse! I collect every 1/6 Superman fig I can get my hands on.

I don't think this one looks to good. But it's not THAT bad either. As usual, I'm 100% sure it'll be much better in hand.

The heads are okay, the body will do. I would have had him mor buff, but I'm glad they didn't go with the Batman body. All the examples I've seen with Supes on this body make him look like an ape. Supes should look regal, not like a gorilla. I'll leave that to Batman.

not that it matters much either way but this is the bats ssc body with ,the dcd supes suit ,custom trunks and belt and mos boots ,looks un apelike lol ,and quite elegant in my opinion , but your mileage may vary lol
20141223_111908_zpsuxoqmpgz.jpg

and again with reeve boots and dcd trunks and hasbro belt
20141110_151222_zpsm5lbcybi.jpg

i still think its a shame hes not going to be everyones favorite straight out of the box ,but i do think hes going to be fixable

I've bought an extra Batman body that I'll probably move it on to. But I can understand people being disappointed in the body size and cancelling. However the current new 52 Superman if frequently depicted as slim rather than as a body builder. The Curt Swan Superman of the 70-80s was just an average guy.

here is the final head for SS Batman body versus the head I used during WIP. Death of Superman

I honest believe the SS Superman has a lot of potential for many different version of Superman other than what it comes with

more picture
https://www.facebook.com/dandymei/m...45035.1073741918.584165034&type=1&pnref=story

Not feeling the head sculpt you are using but the head to body proportions are about perfect for comic based superman IMHO. And the rest looks great too! Thanks for sharing.

Not feeling the head sculpt you are using but the head to body proportions are about perfect for comic based superman IMHO. And the rest looks great too! Thanks for sharing.

the sculpt is nice and likeness is great versus the comic "The Death of Superman" Just need to find time to paint it after the holiday to bring the sculpt out more, it wasn't painted yet. But the goal was to show the head to body proportion for comic style Superman

I am looking forward to some guys on here getting this. I think we will be pleasantly surprised that this won't be as bad as it looks so far.
I'm still planning on getting this if it looks pretty good to me and applying a coupon or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice custom....too bad your custom only compatible for SSC body

I know his Batman suits are compatible with the MOS body, probably the TTM20 too then, and the SS body so I bet his Supes suit will too.

EDIT: Well looky there, it's Tony. He can answer that himself. :lol

Okay, granted, this one looks awesome!:lol

That's the first I see!:)

Generally speaking, I don't like the lack of strait ion on that body and the tiny waist, but here, it looks perfect!:rock

I kept my order...

not that it matters much either way but this is the bats ssc body with ,the dcd supes suit ,custom trunks and belt and mos boots ,looks un apelike lol ,and quite elegant in my opinion , but your mileage may vary lol
20141223_111908_zpsuxoqmpgz.jpg

and again with reeve boots and dcd trunks and hasbro belt
20141110_151222_zpsm5lbcybi.jpg

i still think its a shame hes not going to be everyones favorite straight out of the box ,but i do think hes going to be fixable

Back