SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard this before and it's great reasoning if this weren't suppose to be a comic book based, non-realistically proportioned version of the character. Most wanting this, including me, were hoping for a bulkier Superman, one inspired more by the comics than an actor.

You are absolutely right but think about it like this, what if this isn't a comic Supes, what if it's SSC's interpretation of the character? I know it has been questioned that I keep saying that as if it is a bad thing but let's look at the final product. This Superman figure bares just a passing familiarity to a comic style Superman. If we were to judge this figure simply based on how comic accurate it is then it fails tremendously, hence the fan outcry against it. If we view it as a Sideshow interpretation then at least the design choices make some sense. When you take a character who 9 times out of 10 is built like a middle linebacker and give him the build of a swimmer and say that's how we see the character then you better believe that not only is this Sideshow's interpretation but it is not a comic book based figure. It's a shame, too as SSC could have really cornered the market on 1/6 comic book figures.

You are absolutely right but think about it like this, what if this isn't a comic Supes, what if it's SSC's interpretation of the character? I know it has been questioned that I keep saying that as if it is a bad thing but let's look at the final product. This Superman figure bares just a passing familiarity to a comic style Superman. If we were to judge this figure simply based on how comic accurate it is then it fails tremendously, hence the fan outcry against it. If we view it as a Sideshow interpretation then at least the design choices make some sense. When you take a character who 9 times out of 10 is built like a middle linebacker and give him the build of a swimmer and say that's how we see the character then you better believe that not only is this Sideshow's interpretation but it is not a comic book based figure. It's a shame, too as SSC could have really cornered the market on 1/6 comic book figures.

Even if the interpretation is for a real life superman, that head is too big for that body.

And I can't understand what people mean about bad reviews. The figure sucks and no matter what light you use or angle or focus, it will not make it look any better. Figures need to look good from the get go, no need to be doing this or that to it.

I agree, it's definitely SS's interpretation but based on the previous four DC figures being obviously comic based interpretations then logically Supes would be too. Plus that sculpt couldn't be more comic based in style.

I think they simply made the wrong choice in bodies based on whoever's opinions mattered the most in the decision making process. And that of course is my opinion. :D There may be a bunch of people out there that just love skinny Supes.

That "petition" shows a complete ignorance of business, this hobby and common sense. It's embarrassing for the hobby that something as stupid as this exists.

Yeah, no-**** :slap, anyways I don't think this figure is as bad as some make it out to be, but it is definitely Sideshow's first major "hiccup" in their DC line, anyway there's still the Green Lantern and Flash to look forward to as long as they don't screw up as much as they did with Superman.

Exactly! If you don't like something just don't buy it. The lack of customers or buyers in this sense sends a far better message than any petition.

Man this thing is getting a lot of hate on FB. It's Nathan Drake 2.0
Rightfully so, based on what's been shown so far.
Undoubtedly. I had some doubts about this figure from the start (mostly the head sculpt, and not having a lot of accessories to back up the price) but wow, SS really dropped the ball. I had doubts about Batman, but he really looks like they pulled through. What happened with Superman? All the complaints here are completely true, the weird head, the small body, the neck...what happened?

I've loved the Sideshow DC line so far - given solid reviews to Joker, Batman, Catwoman and Harley, even when some people (particularly those looking for 'realistic' characters) complained. But I am beyond glad that I did not order Superman. While the body is clearly inappropriate for this character, there's several other reasons to be disappointed. Of course, if I'd picked him up, it would have made for an interesting review.

It is unfortunate that people are just saying "it's crap" or "fail." Aside from the wrong body choice (which I think most people would agree) this is a figure with 3 great head sculpts with great paint apps, it has a ton of accessories and a great comic interpretation costume. Saying it looks like a Mego or some such nonsense is ridiculous.

It is unfortunate that people are just saying "it's crap" or "fail." Aside from the wrong body choice (which I think most people would agree) this is a figure with 3 great head sculpts with great paint apps, it has a ton of accessories and a great comic interpretation costume. Saying it looks like a Mego or some such nonsense is ridiculous.

I agree with the Mego nonsense and whatnot, and it is unfortunate about the other negativity its receiving when it comes with 3 heads and good paint apps, while its not at all what we expected, the only real standout part about it is how skinny the body is. Everything else looks decent. Since this is Superman, I'm sure they'll come out with a 2.0 based on a different era.

It is very unfortunate about the body choice. We should not have to replace the body at this price point. SSC has known for a while about our negativity concerning the body choice. If this is their interpretation of superman, what are we getting next? a fat wonder woman? Short Green Lantern. Time to stop making excuses. Their figures are in a different level now concerning cost. Time to stop accepting mediocrity. Sink or Swim SSC.

Other than the body being a little skinny (and I stress a little skinny, he's not as skinny as Chris Reeve), exactly what about this figure is not comic-based? The outfit is clearly comic-based. So is the headsculpt. So are the colors used. The style of belt and boots and cape. The Emblem. I think everyone can agree that they would have preferred him bulkier, but to suggest that it's not comic-style, or only bares "just a passing familiarity" is ridiculous.
And I'll say it again. EVERY iteration of Superman in the comics is an "interpretation". It's that particular artist's interpretation. That's why everyone draws him slightly different. Not all comic versions of Superman were gigantic. Same can be said for Batman...

Looks like so many people cancelled the figure the exclusive is available for preorder again.

Back