SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both figures were pre-production samples...Bats is just a little further along in the process. Both were made by the factory but neither were production line samples.

Bats' color will be tweaked and Supes' suit will be adjusted/tightened in areas...the shorts in particular were very loose around the waist.

According to the Sideshow rep in this video, Batman is production. "Da Bomb Show" did a hands-on preview and near the end (@8:50) the Sideshow rep confirms that the figure being reviewed is actual production. Which is excellent, cause I think the colours are great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PwWQgo6_bc&list=UUvTgdBXDlKoMzkhFQMyBy5w

According to the Sideshow rep in this video, Batman is production. "Da Bomb Show" did a hands-on preview and near the end (@8:50) the Sideshow rep confirms that the figure being reviewed is actual production. Which is excellent, cause I think the colours are great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PwWQgo6_bc&list=UUvTgdBXDlKoMzkhFQMyBy5w

Yeah, I saw that video several days ago. I didn't speak with the rep in that video. I spoke with Matt & Kevin and both of them said the same thing...made by the factory but not a "production run" figure. The production run hasn't started yet. The figure is delayed. The color is being tweaked.

There are several phases to the process. Both these figures are pre-production factory samples. Not production run samples...according to the reps I spoke with.

Yeah, I saw that video several days ago. I didn't speak with the rep in that video. I spoke with Matt & Kevin and both of them said the same thing...made by the factory but not a "production run" figure. The production run hasn't started yet. The figure is delayed. The color is being tweaked.

There are several phases to the process. Both these figures are pre-production factory samples. Not production run samples...according to the reps I spoke with.

Cool, thanks for the update!

Compared to the proto sculpt and paint apps I'm just not overly thrilled with the way the portraits look in the new video. The smiling face is especially bad to me but maybe that'll change once in hand.

I'm really diggin the capes and suit though. This and Batman can't ship soon enough.

I still don't like the proportions... Dunno if I should keep my PO or not. I guess it'll depends how much customs hit me for Bats. If it's in the $100 ballpark, Supes will be officially cancelled.

I'm having a hard time seeing the proportion issues that others have commented on. I think the head might be a tad big, but it's not distracting for me. :dunno

The proportions issues I see are not related to the head, other than it's a bit too big.

The proportions issues that I'm seeing are the overly slim body, specifically, narrow chest, narrow waist and thin legs.

And for some reason the HS doesn't look as good as the proto pics.

This doesn't look like a 1/6th collectable... Looks like a 1/6th toy similar to a 70s action fig. Each to their own.

I paused the video during the cape change and it looks like the costume is sewn on. No zipper, so it will take some sewing skills to do a body change :(

This doesn't look like a 1/6th collectable... Looks like a 1/6th toy similar to a 70s action fig. Each to their own.

You are correct. Looks just like a 70s action fig.

12SupermanChris.jpg

Love it overall but yea, not feeling the slimmer body. may have to pic up an extra Batman body or see what KP releases in the near future. Video was really cool though :rock

yup, it's the body proportions that's throwing the figure off. They need to use a bulkier body for supes. The statue with a similar head-sculpt has the perfect body size. Maybe they should have used that as reference for the body.

EDIT: or it could be his legs... but yeah too slim for my liking. I'll have to wait and see some in hand pics to decide if i should keep my PO, or let it go.

the body used does seem like an odd choice? im hoping that he doesn't look odd next to batman, i really want my worlds finest displayed together.

if this was a real design choice and not a mistake/oversight, i think they have over thought it. superman should look beefy.

Maybe you can swap bodies with Batman. Assuming the outfits still fit proper on the other body, you will have the slimmer athletic Bats and the bulkier Supes.

Back