SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct. Looks just like a 70s action fig.

12SupermanChris.jpg

:lol That's awesome! Yes... that's what it look like to me. Maybe it's the video that does.

Based on the video, if you freeze frame it every so often, I think the "googly-eyes" effect is more a matter of lighting. In this video, the eyes look pretty good!

I actually like the figure a lot better from the video than what was shown before. There's a couple of companies releasing taller muscular bodies that might be useful for Superman.

looks good so I just placed my preorder since there seems to be like only 80 left ? Anyways I think this will go well with the SSC Batman that I have on order and this is not coming out till January so this will be great on my wallet while I pay off the other figures I have ordered.

Will this be the actual product? I'm just wondering if SS will do any changes to supes before their expected release date on Jan.

I wish SS reconsiders and gives Supesn Batman's arms.

Looking at the construction of the Batman body you might be able to do it yourself. If it is as close in construction as a Hot Toys body it should be possible.

If I were to change the body of the figure, could you guys recommend a replacement body for this figure? I've never customized a 1/6.

The Hot Toys Avengers Thor modified to have the arms of the current Terminator figures. That's what I am going to try.

A Kumik muscular body would probably work very well with this type of Superman figure.

The Hot Toys Avengers Thor modified to have the arms of the current Terminator figures. That's what I am going to try.

A Kumik muscular body would probably work very well with this type of Superman figure.

I'm liking the Thor idea, thanks.

Looking at the chick review thingy of the Batman figure, the bodies they're using are pretty good, but for some reason, for Superman his man jaw is too massive :lol so it doesn't help that the body seems to have no pecs nor back at all.

It still looks pretty great, but I think it can look even better with the proper torso and a bit thicker thighs.

I tried that on my Hawkeye so he could do more accurate draw on his bow.
Arms are a little big for Hawkeye(Although i am perfectly happy with the figure), but would be perfect for Superman if you have the two figures to do the swap(It's very easy to do). Another way to go is to sculpt on some extra muscles yourself. I did this with a custom Superman figure once. I went absolutely roid-rage-bananas with mine, but it's possible to tone it down a bit.
Here are pics of the terminator arms/TTM19 mod:

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

10-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

Kumik?? I think you might mean Kaustic Plastik...only male body that Kumik has done in recent history is a slim or narrow body, nothing muscular as far as I remember

You're right, I was thinking Kaustic. For some reason I was thinking Telethon but what came out was Marathon...
I used a Kaustic for an upgrade on HT Leonides and never looked back.

I tried that on my Hawkeye so he could do more accurate draw on his bow.
Arms are a little big for Hawkeye(Although i am perfectly happy with the figure), but would be perfect for Superman if you have the two figures to do the swap(It's very easy to do). Another way to go is to sculpt on some extra muscles yourself. I did this with a custom Superman figure once. I went absolutely roid-rage-bananas with mine, but it's possible to tone it down a bit.
Here are pics of the terminator arms/TTM19 mod:

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

That's exactly what I was talking about. I remember when you first posted these pics of your perfected Hawkeye and am sorry I haven't posted any of mine yet. Bar, you have an eye for these things. Have you ever thought of using the Wentworth Miller/Bruce Banner arms for your Hawkeye? They are double jointed, have great muscular tone and are less bulky than the DX10/TTM19 figure.

Some of these Wolverine bodies are different even though it is the same base body. The Indy and the Jake Gyllenhal have shorter necks and the torso isn't as broad as say the original Thor, Avengers Thor or even the Dark World Thor. The necks are not only longer on the Thor figure but thicker, too. I like the MoS sculpt but was not crazy about the height so I used the Superman body for a body swap with the SSC ANH Darth Vader. Still almost as tall but much more muscular and poseable. I have since reverted to using a Thor body with DX10 Terminator arms for my MoS Superman. For my Reeve Supes I used the torso of the Avengers Thor, the waist and legs of the HT Reeve Supes and the arms of the DX10 Terminator. I am very happy with the results.

Bar, I see that you cut the chest piece off and then swap the parts. I did that once and have been too lazy to glue it shut. Since then I have reverted to either heating up the rubber chest piece with my hair dryer and then using a screw driver on the front screw while the rubber was soft. I have also gone the route of heating up the rubber chest with said hair dryer and then prying them lose from the glued sections on the front and back of the figure. Then I heat it up again and slide off the rubber chest piece over the arms to gain access to the arms and body. I have done this with MoS Supes, DX10 T-800 and the GI Joe Roadblock figure. Did you know the Roadblock figure is taller than the MoS Supes, has unique arms and waist?

I really like what I have seen of the SSC Superhero body but if I am not impressed once in hand I am prepared to replace it with a modified Hot Toys body.

That's exactly what I was talking about. I remember when you first posted these pics of your perfected Hawkeye and am sorry I haven't posted any of mine yet. Bar, you have an eye for these things. Have you ever thought of using the Wentworth Miller/Bruce Banner arms for your Hawkeye? They are double jointed, have great muscular tone and are less bulky than the DX10/TTM19 figure.

Yeah. The primary problem is that the Hawkeye costume is glued on. I had to use a great deal of skill to get it removed and reattached and now it's on for good. I could damage it irreparably if i tried to take it off again. So it's the final solution.

Some of these Wolverine bodies are different even though it is the same base body. The Indy and the Jake Gyllenhal have shorter necks and the torso isn't as broad as say the original Thor, Avengers Thor or even the Dark World Thor. The necks are not only longer on the Thor figure but thicker, too. I like the MoS sculpt but was not crazy about the height so I used the Superman body for a body swap with the SSC ANH Darth Vader. Still almost as tall but much more muscular and poseable. I have since reverted to using a Thor body with DX10 Terminator arms for my MoS Superman. For my Reeve Supes I used the torso of the Avengers Thor, the waist and legs of the HT Reeve Supes and the arms of the DX10 Terminator. I am very happy with the results.

There are so many cool bodies. When i am doing Cap customs, i generally use Reeve bodies. They are nice and tall and bulky enough under a costume.

Bar, I see that you cut the chest piece off and then swap the parts. I did that once and have been too lazy to glue it shut. Since then I have reverted to either heating up the rubber chest piece with my hair dryer and then using a screw driver on the front screw while the rubber was soft. I have also gone the route of heating up the rubber chest with said hair dryer and then prying them lose from the glued sections on the front and back of the figure. Then I heat it up again and slide off the rubber chest piece over the arms to gain access to the arms and body. I have done this with MoS Supes, DX10 T-800 and the GI Joe Roadblock figure. Did you know the Roadblock figure is taller than the MoS Supes, has unique arms and waist?

Yeah. It's a great muscle body. The Rock really is mahoosive!

I really like what I have seen of the SSC Superhero body but if I am not impressed once in hand I am prepared to replace it with a modified Hot Toys body.

I will likely go down the same route myself.

I don't know if you saw it but over on the Batman thread Betic1 swapped bodies for the SSC Batman with the Roadblock body. It looks great. Yes, the Reeve Superman body is great, looks like a superhero and would look great for Cap.

Back