SSC Stalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have scars on my knuckles and elbows (and probably a few on my head) from Army vs. Marines brawls. They're not pretty, are essentially just pissing contests bloated with macho bull____ and in the end, nobody really wins. The inevitable post following yours was the reason for the "slap" smiley. :lol

:lol Awesome.

I was completely ignorant of what I started. All I know is four months on the DMZ in the summer of 1969, a Navy Commendation, a Bronze Star, and a Purple Heart that he refused to accept, tells me that whoever filled the head of that enlisted 20 year old knew what they were doing. More importantly, he knew it too.

Thought I'd try something, since I'm not a fan of the Tyson Beckford head on Stalker. I've thought he looked more like somebody else. Let me know what you guys think. I present Lando Wilkinson (or Lonzo Calrissian).

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

I just picked up the Lando figure recently to try for this custom and that melon is huge. I'd never be able to get the beret on it, but I think he looks much more how I envision Stalker.

Way too smooth. He's a lover, not a fighter though and would spend all his time picking up ho's and knocking back malt liquor at the PITT. :huh

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
True. In the comics, he was sent on every mission Hawk could think of, Billy Dee would be otherwise preoccupied.

That guy aint stalking Cobras, he's stalking poontang :naughty

That's why they call him Stalker. He's a big GAME hunter.

Might work if you give him a buzz cut.

Couldn't even let that thought cross my mind, since I don't want to ruin the head (who knows, I've done more daring customs to figures). I'll probably just sell my Lando though, this is the best sculpt of Billy Dee I can think of and I still think it looks a little caricature-like. I might try to sculpt my own about 15% smaller than this one and with his hair plastered down more.

I've always pictured Stalker looking more like Carl Weathers than Billy D.
tumblr_l7l5wxFcWw1qzp2doo1_500.jpg

SSC did me a huge favor and replaced something that broke at minimal charge and in addition to thanking their CS I am also thanking them by purchasing one of their remaining EX Stalkers. Can't wait.

Does anybody know who Larry Hama based Stalker on? He could easily be influenced by any one of the '70s badasses.

Last edited:
Who is Lara?

I believe Hasbro came up with designs of the characters, Larry just gave them names and backgrounds or something.

But Shaft seems like a decent choice.

Back