1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I'm gonna say... this sculpt looks much better than the Hot Toys one. That is... dead on."

I would no say better or worse,I would it is something different that I would like to have...
I’ve got the HT one but I will consider this for sure once we see the final product pictures

That is no where as good as HT. The HT version is incredible in person.....this looks like a cartoon.

The HT one really tough one to shoot...

Maybe this will be similar, but most of SSC offering fall off majestically at production.

cd7ffcc983a502ee1ac8610d1946b4ec.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

It looks a bit like Luke if he had Down’s syndrome.
I do see a little of Hamill in there. But the hair and the upward tilt of the edges of his eyes are throwing it off.
And knowing sideshows track record of showing off a proto with the best paint job and likeness and then tossing out any old garbabe onto the market, this won’t get better once it gets released.
It’s laughable they think they can compete with Hot Toys on price when their final products are soo poorly made.
I’ll agree the clothing looks good. But the head is the most important part.

I disagree with these statements about SSC not making quality figures. Snowspeeder Luke is an incredible figure, easily rivaling HT. As for the head sculpt on this, maybe it will look better in person, as one of the above posters, and numerous others have claimed the HT Jedi Luke head sculpt does. While I agree the HT sculpt is superior here, I'm not really a fan of the expression, and prefer the more determined look of the SSC version, plus I think the hair is better.

I disagree with these statements about SSC not making quality figures. Snowspeeder Luke is an incredible figure, easily rivaling HT. As for the head sculpt on this, maybe it will look better in person, as one of the above posters, and numerous others have claimed the HT Jedi Luke head sculpt does. While I agree the HT sculpt is superior here, I'm not really a fan of the expression, and prefer the more determined look of the SSC version, plus I think the hair is better.
I agree with you. While the HT head sculpt is decent, it’s by no means a “home run”. If the SSC sculpt turns out like the proto then it’s one I’d like to have in my collection. Unfortunately with Sidshow that’s a BIG if! The Snowspeeder Luke to me is a near perfect release and is one of my favourite figures. If only they could of made a better job of the unhelmeted head sculpt.

I think that's what it comes down to. SS can do decent figures but the lifelike headsculpt and paint apps is where HT sets themselves apart.

The headsculpt is where everyone looks first. If that's not right you're not in the game.

So until SS want to find someone who can create lifelike face sculpts and paint then they'll always be playing second fiddle.

When it comes to SW yes, since they’re the only one other one with the license, but otherwise they’re probably 3rd or 4th fiddle, no? Not sure what company is considered up there after HT to be honest.

When it comes to SW yes, since they’re the only one other one with the license, but otherwise they’re probably 3rd or 4th fiddle, no? Not sure what company is considered up there after HT to be honest.

Yeah looking at it like that yes. To be honest I've seen headsculpts from independant artists as good as HT. Many of those Logan sculpts are very very good !

Yeah looking at it like that yes. To be honest I've seen headsculpts from independant artists as good as HT. Many of those Logan sculpts are very very good !

Your absolutely right. Also a lot of the DID figures that have been released recently far surpass the mediocre SSC headsculpts in realism and paint apps. Puzzling and frustrating that SS can’t get this final part of the jigsaw right.

Saw this at nycc. It did not look good in person, to me. It really is battlefront luke. Plus, the saber looked cheesy. Glad I have ht.

Lots of people want to believe Blitzway is at HT level but they aren't. They have made some cool stuff though. I would say they are second best.

I could agree that Blitzway are second best... but I am no expert honestly.

Let's wait till the final release pics. This Luke could still have great features, even better than HT, especially in tailoring (jumpsuit, belt, cloak...).

I definitely feel Blitzway is second best....
The accessories they give you on most releases remind me of HT of old.....

I have Tyler and The Ghostbusters 4 pack, and aside from the paint apps, they are right up next to HT....

If they could master better paints and get some more worthwhile licenses (their biggest problem) they would be a serious contender to HT.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Although seldom doing scifi licences, i reckon Dam Toys have amazing sculpting and paint apps. Certainly better than Sideshow. I have a 1/6 custom figure i cart around with me when i am travelling to take pics of him in front of cool backdrops(I call him "Travelling Matt"), and i use a Dam Toys sculpt on him as it's an incredibly realistic sculpt.
But, as has been said, Blitzway do amazing work. And even some of the bootleg companies do great work also. I think if Sideshow adjusted their prices down slightly, people wouldn't be as flabbergasted when the truly rubbish end product is released.

As much as it pains me to say it, i kind of wish I'd gotten this one instead of HT. I agree the HS is better on HT but i don't like the fatsuit, and i find it insanely unacceptable to have only two gloved hands, especially when one is an impossible to get on arm, and the other is a closed fist. The sculpt on this one looks good enough to ignore in favor of the accessories.

I like the style of this Luke's head better. The Hot Toys tend to have slightly sunken eyes and I don't like the expressions. HT Luke's hair is a little too perfect and golden tinted and overall is a bit idolized like the Crait Luke. The huge IF though is if Sideshow can actually make the end result look like this prototype. Snowspeeder Luke's second portait has a BAD paint job.

That’s my problem with Sideshow too. Their proto’s look spot on, but when you get the figure in hand it’s like WTH is this?

I have the hot toys Jedi Luke..I’m super happy with it but I do have ssc Jedi Luke on preorder. Something about the ssc Luke’s over all appearance has more of a heroic feel to it. He just looks stronger, more confident, and maybe even more handsome than hot toys version. Sort of like ssc like is a few years older. His appearance is closer to what I had imagined in my head when delving into the EU. Now it’s exactly that. They both sort of miss the mark and you can clearly see this in the comparison photos. Ssc Luke Skywalker does have less of a cinematic feel to it but to me it really screams EU Luke; stronger and more seasoned. Maybe it’s the straight face and the slightly heavier appearance of the ssc head sculpt. Well I’m happy with both but to me hot toys Luke is obviously the cinematic experience and ssc is the EU/but still cinematic touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back