1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AT-AT driver and TIE Pilot from SS are great figures, espcially Tie Pilot quality even surpass Hot Toys's First Order Tie Pilot in my opinion.

Yes, and both surpass the HT Death Star Gunner. Tailoring is often better on SS figures. People just seem to mostly look at the human sculpts - and SS should definitely do something about that if they wanna stay in the game.

I think if the production figure looks like the prototype that I will like this way more than the hot toys figure. I had the hot toys fig and thought it was awful.

I also like the figures face way more than the hot toys one, but it's just my preference I suppose. I don't like open mouth or expression faces and prefer a more neutral pose, as it lends itself better to display that way I think personally.

I also like the figures face way more than the hot toys one, but it's just my preference I suppose. I don't like open mouth or expression faces and prefer a more neutral pose, as it lends itself better to display that way I think personally.

I agree with you completely in regards to both of your comments. Not a fan of the drooling Hot Toys sculpt. He looks like he got a lobotomy or something with that expression.

It is great to speculate but Sideshow has a reputation for having poor manufacturing oversight. It is highly improbable the production run will match the prototype.

It will be fun when the production pics show up and the conversation begins.

I agree with you completely in regards to both of your comments. Not a fan of the drooling Hot Toys sculpt. He looks like he got a lobotomy or something with that expression.

Luke Jedi seems to inspire it.

SSC16lukejedi150.jpg

Seriously? The headsculpt for the production Jack looked pretty bad and a huge difference from the proto.

Nope. I don't think anyone who owns the figure would agree with that comment. Production came out fine. Some initial owner pics/videos came out terrible on the other hand...

I think that I can comfortably say that there has not been and probably never will be a case where Sideshow Collectibles does as good a job of sculpting a human head as Hot Toys...I think we could probably get the folks at Sideshow themselves to agree with that. Does anyone out there honestly have a human figure from Hot Toys in their collection that they look at and say..."man...just wish Sideshow had got this license instead..." I am sure most of us can say the reverse when looking at Sideshow's figures...

I think that I can comfortably say that there has not been and probably never will be a case where Sideshow Collectibles does as good a job of sculpting a human head as Hot Toys...I think we could probably get the folks at Sideshow themselves to agree with that. Does anyone out there honestly have a human figure from Hot Toys in their collection that they look at and say..."man...just wish Sideshow had got this license instead..." I am sure most of us can say the reverse when looking at Sideshow's figures...

Yea, excpet for the posters here who work for SSC..

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I think the only one that is close, is SS's Temple of Doom Indiana Jones. The HT DX was a few years older, but the SS sculpt looks better (in my opinion)... although a touch small for sure...

Jango was pretty good...the head sculpt anyway.

Don't get me wrong...Sideshow definitely delivers some consistent "pretty good" Jango would definitely be one of their better moments...but I have no doubt that if Hot Toys ever releases their Jango the head sculpt will be better.

Maul is not really human, but almost, and I’m pretty sure the HT Maul won’t beat it. That’s the only example I have though...

Back