1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GeneralZod's photos of Luke that Snake hasn't shared here yet:

6029bd3dde7e2c850d4f7592bc07b161.jpg

84fda6be60562bc8058aa227acfa2584.jpg

30e8d2496cefeb92a51a4659677c7911.jpg

d49a13f56d8c210bd7e71075dc1f985d.jpg

cfc5ea2035b6633a49ea2491f63ecbdf.jpg

I think this one looks a lot better in proportions/suit fit. Even the sculpt is better in some regards(mostly the eyes that are off to me)

I think this one looks a lot better in proportions/suit fit. Even the sculpt is better in some regards(mostly the eyes that are off to me)

I’ll give SS this much, the HT outfit pants are like some kind of stretchy material and don’t look half as good as the SS material. The boots in the SS look better too. Also, the HT padded under suit needed adjustment/ modification. Lots o people aren’t willing/ afraid to do so. The padding restricts movement so I removed completely. That being said, I can no longer display him without ALL his clothing and instead have to go for Jabba’s palace look(which I don’t mind) In regards to the HT sculpt, I like it (even the teeth) but I don’t care for the color of the hair. It almost looks copper. This is mine WITHOUT the pad suit:
8e6885efb6c9e892b089d552450a79af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously?

That HS looks like a comic book artists take on Luke, not even remotely Mark Hamill

Gotta agree with you. Still haven't been able to get over how bad this head sculpt is. I'm betting you just take the head (no outfit or clues), and show it to 30 people, you might get 2 who guess it's Mark Hamill/Luke. It's pretty awful. And trust me, I wanted to like it for the Endor outfit, but the sculpt with the Endor helmet on is even worse than the one without the helmet.

I plan on bashing parts of both this and the HT version.
It's the only way to get it right as both figures have pros n cons over the other.

Ofcourse if HT get smart re-release a Bespin Luke 2.0. Then that's gonna be the winner in my Luke collection.

Why's that? Is the suit too baggy without it or do you wreck the suit getting it off?

Nah no fear of damage, but it looks too baggy without it. On the other hand, Luke’s abdomen area looks un proportionate with the fat suit in. Looks like a beer drinker[emoji38]

Thats a shame. I guess they made the suit big enough to slide the arm in and out but then padded him out to stop it being baggy.

This is really not bad. I'm pretty much HT exclusive, but compared to spending nearly $500 for Jedi and Endor Luke, this is a nice set. Is Sideshow still using larger bodies and heads? I understand that the Darth Maul portrait was HT scale.

For me... SSC sculpt wins hands down...

If the actual figure and outfit come out looking as good as this proto, it's a no-brainer, I reckon...

84fda6be60562bc8058aa227acfa2584.jpg

6c8bd58dae83e75d98e2e44f43184ab7.jpg

8e6885efb6c9e892b089d552450a79af.jpg

video, jump to 6:50.

Tailoring looks superb in this one... the only part in which HT beats this one is the head!

https://youtu.be/S-QLzhwzT7o

Which unfortunately for SS and Luke fans, is probably the most important part to the figure. It could have Luke's original costume shrunk down from ROTJ, lol, and the head sculpt still destroys this figure. Just awful (in my opinion).

I'm very curious how the final figure will turn out... there's a lot to like on the Sideshow figure. I'm mostly interested in it as a Endor version as I really like the look of the helmeted head. So if the final product is decent I'll most likely pick it up.

There aren't many figures with detailed costumes that have survived Sideshow's Proto to Production gambit. I just don't put any faith in getting something that's on par with preorder pics.

There aren't many figures with detailed costumes that have survived Sideshow's Proto to Production gambit. I just don't put any faith in getting something that's on par with preorder pics.

Uh[emoji1432]id have to say that the SS Rebel Snowspeeder Luke lived up to the proto pics. The outfit is OUTSTANDING and it’s one of my favorite figures.

Back