1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

And judging by how the proto Dengar looked compared to the production version it doesn’t bode well for the paint app of the production version of this.

Exactly. The Proto version of this doesn't look particularly good. I pretty sure the production version will look far worse.

exactly, so in other words......."holy crap, get that ROTJ Luke out and saleable !!!, HT are about to steal all our sales !!!!!"

Nailed it. Collectors that will buy this should be thankful to Hot Toys though, means Sideshow can't shaft them like they did with Snowtrooper Luke's pricetag.

The Proto version of this doesn't look particularly good.
I pretty sure the production version will look far worse.

yhzjy.jpg

The guy from SS said during the live show that this new deluxe Jedi Luke uses the same body as the previous Darth Maul... Is that good or bad thing?

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

The thing with HT is, they're so close! It's just the art director (most of the time it's the painter) that thinks idealized is the way to go. It's rare for the art department to go for full on realism. I have no doubts they can achieve it, but they always prefer to minimize what they perceive as the subjects "flaws"...but after so many years and so many sculpts, they refuse to implement these "flaws". I mean, these flaws are what make our faces unique. Their doctor strange is imo one of HT BEST sculpts, hands down. Because Benedict cumberbatches face is so unique and "flawed" that there's no way for HT to idealize it without it becoming a completely different person.

Of course I can totally be talking outta my @$$ and Many of HT sculptors just aren't up to the task of providing completely accurate portraits.

:goodpost:

The guy from SS said during the live show that this new deluxe Jedi Luke uses the same body as the previous Darth Maul... Is that good or bad thing?

Depends. unless they add some height with extenders, he's gonna be far too short.

Mark Hamill is shorter than Ray Park.
Really? I'd never have thought. Anyway, if they indeed use this body, well have quite the range of Luke heights with Hoth Luke, Snowspeeder Luke, Pilot Luke and now DX Luke.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Really? I'd never have thought. Anyway, if they indeed use this body, well have quite the range of Luke heights with Hoth Luke, Snowspeeder Luke, Pilot Luke and now DX Luke.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk
Yeah Mark is about 5ft7 and Park is about 5ft9. I always thought he was noticeable small in ROTJ.

Much critique about the head sculpt but what caught my attention was the body proportions and build on the SS version. While he doesn't look buff- he certainly looks too fit. The HT version is trim and proportional.

Yeah Mark is about 5ft7 and Park is about 5ft9. I always thought he was noticeable small in ROTJ.

I have a picture of myself with Hamill from 1991.....

I am 6 foot and I look like a giant next to him.....

Was odd looking down at you childhood hero....

People say Ford is tall also....but I was slightly taller than him also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shadows hide the features that make him look older than he should.

Also that’s probably the one-off prototype and the painter prior to the photo session for Sideshow.

Back