1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

giphy.gif

If you want the Speeder Bike to go along with this Luke, Timewalker Toys is doing a deal for $530 and free shipping.

Really digging this figure lately, pre-ordering through bbts since there's no deposit.

I like this more than Hot Toys' surprisingly, I'm not a big fan of their headsculpt and this comes with all the clothing options for a decent price compared to Sideshow's other figures. I think the Endor helmet sculpt looks really good.

Also, this wearing the robe in front of Sideshow's new Jabba, 3PO to the side of him, and if we got Slave Leia, would make for an awesome sixth scale display.

I have this ordered sort of as a backup if HT decides to wait forever/never release Endor Luke. The helmet luke on the SSC I just am not seeing any similarities. He just looks like any generic angry looking man with a helmet. The way I figure if HT does eventually release Endor Luke, I can turn SSC like into full hooded and vested jabbas palace Luke, as the sculpt without the helmet looks a lot better to me.

I have this ordered sort of as a backup if HT decides to wait forever/never release Endor Luke. The helmet luke on the SSC I just am not seeing any similarities. He just looks like any generic angry looking man with a helmet. The way I figure if HT does eventually release Endor Luke, I can turn SSC like into full hooded and vested jabbas palace Luke, as the sculpt without the helmet looks a lot better to me.
I was actually thinking the opposite. I don't have an expert eye or anything but to me a weak part of the non-helmeted sculpt is the hair, and covering that up brings out the likeness more. I'm liking the sculpt alot more in the pics with the hood or the helmet.

I feel the same with their Snowspeeder Luke. The face looks really great under the helmeted sculpt, the non-helmeted not so much.

That hair :slap

reminds me of bad Ross hair :lecture

C’mon SSC :pfft:

They are so behind the times with their sculpts it’s embarrassing. I’ve seen better sculpts from Chinese bootlegs.

Not saying it’s a beaut but those pics quality(and everything I’ve seen thus far) are HORRIBLE. How bout that Luke, Can’t wait[emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, after Jack, I’m really worried now about this. I POd through Timewalker, so regardless of how it turns out, I’m stuck with it (I should have ordered through Sideshow... oh well).

I cancelled my pre-order. I tried and tried but man, that head sculpt...never once did I see it and think "man, that looks like Luke/Mark Hamil". Still looked like a generic sort of angry man in Return of the Jedi outfits.

It would be nice to get a preorder for the HT Endor Luke. That way we know that this is not the only option for our Speeder bikes. If they don’t announce a preorder and this IS our only option for an Endor Luke I feel like this will have a slightly higher markup in the aftermarket when sold out.

It really does show nicely in the proto pics but that headsculpt is making many of us hesitant.

I will have two hot toys luke`s by then. maybe picking up the endor parts to give him another outfit option.

It would be nice to get a preorder for the HT Endor Luke. That way we know that this is not the only option for our Speeder bikes. If they don’t announce a preorder and this IS our only option for an Endor Luke I feel like this will have a slightly higher markup in the aftermarket when sold out.

It really does show nicely in the proto pics but that headsculpt is making many of us hesitant.

I agree with you on the Endor HT Luke pre-order wish. initially I ordered the SS version as a backup in case the Endor HT never came out. I figured with the helmet, at least it could hide what I consider a poor Luke head sculpt. It just got to me that every single time I looked at the SS version, I just couldn't see Luke at all. But again, that's just me. Still going to hope for a seperate HT Endor figure or at least an Endor accessory pack as some have speculated due to the removeable hair and language mentioning accessory swapability in the current HT Luke directions that come with the figure.

I'll also add whoever does get the SS Deluxe Luke.. I truly hope you all love it and they even improve on it a bit more before shipping. I'd never assume my opinion is the correct one. We all deserve to be in love with a figure we pay $230+ for.

Back