1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

This is very weird. I have nothing agaisnt SS, the recent TIE Pilot I got from them very good quality...but Jedi Luke seriously ? :dunno

giphy.gif

tumblr_mewwa9kDke1qbvaudo2_500.gif

I'm in the minority I guess because overall I like Sideshows better. I always thought the HT sculpt was good but the expression killed it for me. No light up lightsaber isn't a issue for me because how many of us actually use that feature on a day to day display? SSC has that stern look I've been after so sue me because I'm getting it. Sideshow has really stepped their game up.

oh didnt notice Endor gears is included..

Jeez... constipation grin.... or Blue Steel.

:lol You've got Zoolander on the brain my friend.
It's not the best shot of HT's Endor Luke, but it's the best I could find at the same size/angle. I like both versions of Endor, but if I had the HT Jedi Luke (which I prefer), I'd get the constipated Endor Luke for that different expression.

Made a new one, this looks like a better comparison:
Endor Luke Skywalker HT SSC Comparison 002.jpg

Last edited:

I will pick this up instead of the HT Endor Luke. I like the expression better. It's also a better value.

I'm still keeping my HT Jedi Luke pre-order.

I like this a lot, if I'm viewing it as a figure that's not supposed to be a 100% faithful/realistic version of the character. I definitely prefer the hair on this one compared to Hot Toys'. I'll have to see what tweaks HT makes. I may end up changing my order.

Last edited:

Better let others to be HT distributor, I alway find its weird to let SS - a direct competitor of HT to be its...distributor :idea.

Let them compete with each other, so us as the customers will benefit the most from their competition, as quality will definitely increase, and the price would be more plesant...as customers will have more options to consider.

Hot Toys current dominant at 1/6 scale market is not a good thing..speaking of long term effect.

I wonder if HT will fire back and put their Endor Luke up for preorder soon? Maybe HT will make it an Endor 2 pack and sell Luke and Leia together.

Well, if this is how it's going to be, I want my HT AT-AT driver, 4-LOM and Darth Maul. Like, right now. :)

I wonder if HT will fire back and put their Endor Luke up for preorder soon? Maybe HT will make it an Endor 2 pack and sell Luke and Leia together.

Or...because of this they shelved it.

Better let others to be HT distributor, I alway find its weird to let SS - a director competitor of HT to be its...distributor :idea.

Let them compete with each other, so us as the customers will benefit the most from their competition, as quality will definitely increase, and the price would be more plesant...as customers will have more options to consider.

Hot Toys current dominant at 1/6 scale market is not a good thing..speaking of long term effect.

Hot Toys at first had a hard time finding a reliable main US Distributor as they required any store selling their product in the US to have a hefty inventory of HT figures on hand at all times, something I heard stores bemoan when it came to getting HT stock in the US in the early 2000's. Toy Square in Canada was the closest we got as a Western Hemisphere distributor until Sideshow made it possible for retail stores in the US to get Hot Toys figures more easily, without the required high inventory, and without the high third party store's retail markup and shipping costs from stores in Asia or Canada.

So you can thank Sideshow for the affordable HT products you buy from US stores like Timewalker or BBTS.

Also, Hot Toys was completely unknown to Hollywood movie licensors in the beginning so they had to piggyback off of Sideshow's Star Wars License until Hot Toys got their own SW license for themselves in mid 2014.

Let's put this figure on page 3 where it belongs lol

I'm really liking this Sideshow version. I really enjoyed the first release. The "dazed" eyes were a distraction, but for it's time and cost, it was a great figure.

This new one smartly includes almost every ROTJ item one could want (however, the omission of the Rancor Bone is almost criminal). Liking the expression on the portrait, the detailed and we'll - tailored outfit looks good - and Sideshow has really delivered on the production side here, see Maul v2 ' s excellent robes as a recent example. I'm sold...looking forward to it!

I'm in the minority I guess because overall I like Sideshows better. I always thought the HT sculpt was good but the expression killed it for me. No light up lightsaber isn't a issue for me because how many of us actually use that feature on a day to day display? SSC has that stern look I've been after so sue me because I'm getting it. Sideshow has really stepped their game up.

I'm almost right there with you. As I said in the Hot Toys thread, I really like this as a Luke Skywalker figure, if not really a dead-on Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker figure. Hair and expression on this is really selling me vs. Hot Toys.

i'm gonna wait on SSC's Luke because their human headsculpt prototypes always look really nice but their final product isn't as good.

i like HTs because i trust their final product will look much better :)

Back