1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

i'm gonna wait on SSC's Luke because their human headsculpt prototypes always look really nice but their final product isn't as good.

i like HTs because i trust their final product will look much better :)

That’s kinda where I am too. There are A LOT of elements on which I really like Sideshow’s choices compared to HT. And while SS sculpts are often really very good, the common denominator on most, if not all, of SS’s work is that the factory paint apps suck out loud.

I think I’m going to have to see a production sample somewhere down the road before I can commit to this version. That said, I’m still excited for it!

I will pick this up instead of the HT Endor Luke. I like the expression better. It's also a better value.

I'm still keeping my HT Jedi Luke pre-order.

Yeah I have to agree there. As far as Endor Lukes go, the SS looks like the better figure to get.

Hope this does not mean that this is cancelled... Hot Toys>Sideshow
53c31022d60ebe53e262c72aa59106db.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Holy Crap!! I just said on the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke thread that I may wait for the HT's Endor Luke but now I've seen those pearly whites I may actually pull the trigger on the SSC Luke. I love HT's and especially love their paint jobs but hadn't seen a close up of that face until now.

Walls. Sausages.

24b3a255513051.56098c628efb9.jpg

I just ordered this. It will look good with HT Endor Leia.

I think it will go to waitlist quicker than most think.

I like SSCs clothing overall. The cloak bugs me, it looks like the material the Joker DX coat was made of. Bath towel-ish. The likeness and the stupid texture on the lightsaber have me scratching my head. But the rest of the package looks really good.
I'll be keeping the HT pre Order I have but this isn't bad.

This does bring back memories of preordering SSCs original Jedi Luke....when I was questioning my sanity spending $50 on a doll. I feel really dumb as I look at some of my dolls which run $250. I blame the terrorists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love everything about this except... as always with SSC... the headsculpt. Likeness-wise it's actually pretty decent but has a bit of a Harry Hamblin/Richard Chamberlain love child thing going, and I still don't think SSC has achieved HT quality apps. They don't have that lifelike aspect that HT does so well - the apps are still too simplistic. Also reminds me of the Medi Luke Jedi, just better painted.

I guess you really have to view this as a great pack of 3 outfits that with HT you have to buy individually. It's a major bummer that the HT fig didn't come with an extra headsculpt - you could have cobbled together 3 figs for the price of two.

Holy Crap!! I just said on the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke thread that I may wait for the HT's Endor Luke but now I've seen those pearly whites I may actually pull the trigger on the SSC Luke. I love HT's and especially love their paint jobs but hadn't seen a close up of that face until now.

Walls. Sausages.

View attachment 389591

Yeah the Gary Busey/Tooth Skywalker look is definitely a little strange on the Ht fig.

Man i really hope Hot Toys will tackle those Clone troopers, General Grievous, Darth Maul which done by SideShow before judging from this Luke

Man i really hope Hot Toys will tackle those Clone troopers, General Grievous, Darth Maul which done by SideShow before judging from this Luke

If only. :pray:

Think I'd have a divorce on my hands if I re-bought all of the Clones again. :tap

Unless Sideshow knows something we don't about the availability of the HT ROTJ Luke, this definitely seems like they are trying to go toe to toe with them. Maybe they're going to try to beat them to market? I dunno. Seems silly - if they were gonna do this they should have waited for the inevitable sell out on the HT one.

Wow... Did they even have an agreement or maybe a falling out?
HT Scout Trooper and TIE Pilots comin right up! Hehe

Crap. Toy stores in my country only sell Hot Toys (they also stopped accepting pre-orders for Enterbay figures due to defects). I don't know where I can PO this Luke figure here. All we have are those Crazy Toys KO's of Sideshow figures.

Come on HT release a Hoth pilot Luke, you need to show them whose boss ;)

Just how do they go from Maul to this garbage 😂

Back