1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

A little overpriced for what you get. Should be under 200 for that quality.

Yeah I was confused by the email that I received from BBTS about Jedi Luke and then I get home and realized it was from SSC. WTF! Why would they try and compete against HT for the same figure and the release it later? On the positive side, I like that they added the Endor look. Why did HT not do this? Oh wait! I know, to charge our dumb asses for the same figure twice! :slap

All I can come up with is that Lucasfilm let both companies make the same product simultaneously and did not care to inform one or the other that the other company was making the same thing at the same time.
Whatever, Lucasfilm only cares about more money, give it.

I do think the Sideshow vest and cloak look better than Hot Toys' versions. The Sideshow sculpt looks accurate but lacks personality and life, it's very doll like. The Hot Toys sculpt on both Jedi and Endor Lukes look superior. The paint on the Sideshow version isn't helping their sculpt either.

I couldn’t believe it. Still not up to the quality as HT imo. But I like he healthy competition.
Hopefully HT follows suit and releases a Luke Hoth pilot soon!

So wait....

so then we can all agree HT has NOT shelved their Imperial Snowtrooper Commander, it's just that SSC has launched theirs first... WE CAN ALL EMBRACE! THIS IS GREAT NEWS! This clearly shows they aren't worried about competing with each other's releases, so much that they have pre orders for the exact same figure up at the SAME TIME. This means HT's Snowtrooper Commander LIVES *Throws **** everywhere*

I do think the Sideshow vest and cloak look better than Hot Toys' versions.

Not sure if little jigglyboo avatar is serious...

JL1.jpg
*comp courtesy of Maulfan

Jeez the Sideshow sculpt is so off looks pale as ****. I do like the clothes and the endor gear with it but something about the sculpt is just funky.

Yep, serious. I'm liking the SSC cloak more. Maybe it's because of the movie stills of Luke in his cloak standing in front of Jabba under high contrast lighting.

ROTJ Luke Jabba Palace 001.jpg

Edit:
looks like Xipotec posted as soon as I started to find an image.

The cloak, the hands and the boots looks a lot more screen accurate.

Looks I'm buying this for those items only 😔

As stated before, i just hope this is not "HT Snowtrooper Commander" all over again. HT better not box their Endor Luke prototype not to be seen again like they did with their Hoth Imperial. :mad:

9223f72cdb70452d233db9e340918ebb.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, serious. I'm liking the SSC cloak more. Maybe it's because of the movie stills of Luke in his cloak standing in front of Jabba under high contrast lighting.

View attachment 389553

Edit:

The cloak, the hands and the boots looks a lot more screen accurate.

Looks I'm buying this for those items only ��

Are we all looking at the same images? Its just the light that fools you all? You like the weird shoulders on the SS, the seam on the top of the hood, the tight fit?

I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

The boots could give HT a run for our money though

One thing that I can never complain about is SSC tailoring is top notch

The hilt is exceptional

Last edited:

View attachment 389553

Edit:

FlawlessHardtofindKawala-max-1mb.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the Sideshow hands.

The lightsaber hilt dimensions look better proportioned, the HT looks bulky like a force FX which IS probably to accommodate the light up feature.

I seem to remember someone posting a pic with a lightsaber levitating by invisible thread, so that would look cool with the new figure.

Other than that, I'm in the WTF Sideshow camp! With their lead times this must have been planned for some time.

Oh and are lightsabers even lightsabers any more? Or are they now laser swords?

We should have been more suspicious of someone who cannot spell their own name!

Back