SSC Rock N Roll Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they did a pretty awesome job on that as well.

I disagree, The feed tray cover doesn't open as has been done on almost every version of the M60/Mk43 (including the crappy metal one Sideshow gave Platoon's King), and the charging handle doesn't move.
Still looks pretty good, I just wouldn't give Sideshow an awesome stamp on their Mk43.
Minute details but something I expect on a $135 figure.

I disagree, The feed tray cover doesn't open as has been done on almost every version of the M60/Mk43 (including the crappy metal one Sideshow gave Platoon's King), and the charging handle doesn't move.
Still looks pretty good, I just wouldn't give Sideshow an awesome stamp on their Mk43.
Minute details but something I expect on a $135 figure.

Cool you don't agree but I stand by what I said all the same. :peace

Feed tray cover does function, charging handle doesn't.

That's good to hear, a moving charging handle isn't completely necessary but I've seen a lot of 1/6 manufacturers push the boundaries on miniature weapon models so it'd be nice to see SSC join them.

That's good to hear, a moving charging handle isn't completely necessary but I've seen a lot of 1/6 manufacturers push the boundaries on miniature weapon models so it'd be nice to see SSC join them.

In my experience, the moving charge handles on the LMGs tend to break. So I'm glad Rock 'n Roll's is molded solid.

At least I admitted my fail and corrected it.

I was pretty on the fence about this one until I started seeing people posting their pics, I think Sideshow should hire some of the guys on here to be their photgraphers.

I was pretty on the fence about this one until I started seeing people posting their pics, I think Sideshow should hire some of the guys on here to be their photgraphers.

This is true.:lecture
they don't futz because they want to give a realistic feel of what's coming out of the box but they could put some effort into futzing and posing.

This is true.:lecture
they don't futz because they want to give a realistic feel of what's coming out of the box but they could put some effort into futzing and posing.

Problem with that is that in many cases over the years, the product winds up looking piss poor on the website and considerably better in hand. It's like a fast food place putting a sticker on the door saying, "We may or may not have roaches. Welcome, c'mon inside! :wave" :lol

Problem with that is that in many cases over the years, the product winds up looking piss poor on the website and considerably better in hand. It's like a fast food place putting a sticker on the door saying, "We may or may not have roaches. Welcome, c'mon inside! :wave" :lol

:exactly: So gamble and then when I was kicking myself when the pics started rolling in I thought about picking up the normal version and boom Ex is back. I swear I must have refreshed 3 times just to make sure it wasn't a cache issue. Not always lucky enough for it to happen so smoothly though. :panic:

True Nam. Everybody familiar with SSC and this line in particular knows they look infinitely better in hand. It's up to the individual to futz, pose, and customize to make the figures everything they can be.

Cartoon laser rifle goodness. Or goofiness?

(RnR and Hawk really showcase how bad the paintjob and arms are on Duke. Glad to see the line evolving in a positive direction.)

PS: if someone can give me a line on a better black commando sweater for Snake-Eyes, I'd be appreciative.

Here's one bad Rock N Roll. And I mean BAD! I'm starting to think there was a don't ask, don't tell policy within Hasbro's GI Joe team in 1993.:slap

PS: if someone can give me a line on a better black commando sweater for Snake-Eyes, I'd be appreciative.

Best? The one that came with Saves "Punisher". It has the sleeve pockets.

I snagged a extra just for the next Snake Eyes. :yess:

Other than than, the black ACI sweaters. I think Monkey Depot and Cotswold sells those.

Back