SSC Rock N Roll Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but he just feels kind of blah to me--just defocus your eyes and he looks like every other 1/6 modern military figure.

gtfo_take_fail_RE_So_Long_Goodbye-s570x610-131397.jpg

R&R looks fantastic, love the head sculpts, much prefer the excl. head though. Although it's not pictured, he also comes with a XMLR-3A Laser Rifle, I wonder how it will be painted.

Good looking sculpt and paint!!. Body tats and he has new sculpted arms!! Black beret, so we can give one to Flint!!!

I thought about doing that too, but it's a different badge. Maybe the sticker could be switched over or found elsewhere?

Hey, hey, hey...I don't wanna get anyone all in a tizzy over a figure that they could have bashed 3 years ago. :lol

:lol How R&R looks is the appeal that got most of us old farts into the RAH line anyway. And remember, there wouldn't be any "generic military figures" if it weren't for Joes in the first place. :lecture:lecture:lecture :pfft:

This line just keeps getting better and better!!! Just wait till Destro and Snowjob hits the scene!

Bandana head does look cool and the sculpted arms a huge step for SS, but I guess I'm just not into the interpretation and modernization they have done to some of the Joe characters. It's just a little too much of a thin line btw RnR and a general modern military figure.

I hear you slade. I *want* to gush over Stalker, for instance, but he almost looks like he's a 12 inch Michael Bay Transformers character moreso than a classic Joe.

That said I love SSC's Rock and Roll. I wish he came with a cap instead of a beret though as a nod to his 1989 figure. I do think he needs the bandana in this case (even though vintage RNR never wore one to my knowledge.) He does look a little too generic with the helmet, especially since the chins strap obscures most of his signature beard.

Is it just me or does it look like the body is made out of some new materials? The head and the arms almost have a translucent resin quality to them in some pics... Whatever it is I hop the final looks the same because I think it makes the figure very real looking...

Bandana head does look cool and the sculpted arms a huge step for SS, but I guess I'm just not into the interpretation and modernization they have done to some of the Joe characters. It's just a little too much of a thin line btw RnR and a general modern military figure.

I'd argue you couldn't find a modern counterpart to RNR from other companies. I doubt you could find one Slade, but it's cool ese. :duff

For those not into the modernization, it's easy enough to pull off his webgear and just leave him with his ammo belts. :huh

Now that SSC is demonstrating how good a job they can do with bulked up tatoo'd bodies I'm really, really, really looking forward to Gung Ho.

I know, some people think he looks like on of the Village People but he's still an 80's badass Joe! :lecture

Gung-Ho was one of my first Joes that I had on my own (not stolen from my brothers). I don't care if he came with a rainbow flag...I'd buy him.

Now that SSC is demonstrating how good a job they can do with bulked up tatoo'd bodies I'm really, really, really looking forward to Gung Ho.

I know, some people think he looks like on of the Village People but he's still an 80's badass Joe! :lecture

____ Gung Ho (which you prolly wanna anyway :nana:). Can't wait to see Destro and Roadblock! :rock:rock:rock

Yes, RB and Destro are givens. On a side note can anyone tell me how to save pictures off SSC's site anymore? Apparently the whole "right click, save picture as" trick no longer works.

For those not into the modernization, it's easy enough to pull off his webgear and just leave him with his ammo belts. :huh

Right--and New Line boots for Snake Eyes. And the head on Flint has to go--and now I need a proper beret. Might need to add some sculpty to RnR's beard to get that classic look. And what was with Cobra Commander's coat? Yes, that cape I bought looks waay better. And take off Storm Shadow's long-sleeve shirt. And why does Dusty look like Eric Bana? :panic:

Back