SSC Production Peek - Terminator 2 T-800 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: sneak peek - arnie terminator statue?

Is SSC trying to cash-in on the success of the license that they farmed out to Hot Toys momentarily?

Well, I'm sure this was all planned out for sometime. Sideshow's been doing T2 for years, they're smart enough to know the 20th anniversary is next year. *waits for someone to mention the missed Star Wars anniversaries*

I'm sure there's been a whole big internal and collaborative discussion within sideshow and with Hot Toys, and I'm glad for it, I love the movie and I'm loving the HT line and I've been hoping Sideshow would come through with some new stuff too.

Well, I'm sure this was all planned out for sometime. Sideshow's been doing T2 for years, they're smart enough to know the 20th anniversary is next year. *waits for someone to mention the missed Star Wars anniversaries*

I'm sure there's been a whole big internal and collaborative discussion within sideshow and with Hot Toys, and I'm glad for it, I love the movie and I'm loving the HT line and I've been hoping Sideshow would come through with some new stuff too.

This is all true plus lets not forget its Sideshows license and they've been pumping out awesomeness years before HT's. (well awesomeness for its time) I'm more referring to their PF's and busts.

I sure hope they at least add a T-1000 to go with this one. Also a lifesized T-1000 bust too.

Sideshow just can't get poor Arnie right. They make a midget Conan, an anemic T-800 and the polystone statue was awful all round. Honestly how hard is it to get both the bulk and the height correct? :rolleyes2

I'd like more LSBs, maybe most people wouldn't be interested, but I'd take 1:2 scale clean busts of T-800 and T-1000, given the right choice for the sculpts.

I'd also love to see Sideshow branch into dioramas with T2, lots of classic scense they could depict.

Dioramas are at a decline. The PF and stand alone pieces seem be the main draw for Sideshow.

Not to mention that you can accomplish more with an HT 12" as far as creating a specific scene (at least in your mind) than with a diorama. They tend to take too much artistic license and people end up passing on most of them. Look at the dios in the LOTR license.

Well, if presented right, dioramas could rock, and they could achieve more than you'll ever do with figures, because you'd get environments and effects you can't get between two figures, like you could have a dio of T-800 punching through the T-1000's head or soemthing. There's a lot of potential, just would have to be done right.

Well, if presented right, dioramas could rock, and they could achieve more than you'll ever do with figures, because you'd get environments and effects you can't get between two figures, like you could have a dio of T-800 punching through the T-1000's head or soemthing. There's a lot of potential, just would have to be done right.

I think the biggest problem for ppl is that dios are way too small, and some of the finer details are lost in the smaller sculpts. Of course, they would be more expensive if they were like 1/5 scale, but I think they would sell better if they were larger.

To me, a dio isn't about fine details of a single character, it's about capturing a scene, otherwise you might as well do large scale, single character pieces if the goal is detail.

I think the level of detail on Sideshow dios is more than enough for making them pop. The real key is pose choices and the overall compositions.

I think the biggest problem for ppl is that dios are way too small, and some of the finer details are lost in the smaller sculpts. Of course, they would be more expensive if they were like 1/5 scale, but I think they would sell better if they were larger.

With larger size comes a larger price. And at that point, why not just pick up the PF or a bust?

Did anyone notice around :26 in, when the camera was rack focusing, this head in the background? Any guesses as to what it is? Doesn't appear to be anything relating to Terminator.

ArnoldStill.jpg

Did anyone notice around :26 in, when the camera was rack focusing, this head in the background? Any guesses as to what it is? Doesn't appear to be anything relating to Terminator.

ArnoldStill.jpg

Some are speculating it's Deadpool. Might be. Or, might be another Dead PF. Doubtful it's anything Terminator.

I'd say Freddy, something GI Joe, maskless Cobra Commander maybe, or maybe just something the sculptor happens to be working on but isn't going to be for sale anytime, they may have slipped up and not cleaned off the work space enough to hide things that require freeze frame study to really see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back