SSC Not making Stomies/clones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? Why hasn't it been deleted? It never should have existed. How could anyone doubt that Sideshow would make Stormtroopers or Clones when they made Jabba-the-freaking-Hutt?

You speak words of truth, utah bro. This thread is kind of ridiculous, seeing as the very thought is unfathomable. It's not a very necessary thread anymore; not that it has to be deleted per se, but it's usefulness is now moot.

Captain Aldeggon said:
....It's not a very necessary thread anymore; not that it has to be deleted per se, but it's usefulness is now moot.
I just wanna know who Dave was referring to when he said that using 2 screen names was prohibited... :tap :D

jason2885 said:
Well they dont quote any sources from Sideshow I dont think so Im going to call BS on this one. Maybe Dusty or someone from SSC can clear this up. I dont think they have ruled anything out yet.

Don't you just love rumors? And I have cleared it up as much as I can back with this post a while ago:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=237443&postcount=33

Like I said, there are no specifics yet... all I've been told is "it's going to be a while"... all the guys on the Creative team are aware that the Medicom troopers and Vader, while awesome collectibles in their own right, are not in perfect scale with our 12-inch line. So, as far as *I* know (which, granted, is not a lot :lol) they are working on them :duff

Wor-Gar said:
Ugh! A while? Nooooooooooooooo...

Is "a while" in SW figure terms or in LOTR figure terms?
Well it has been a while since this that was posted by Dusty. She posted that a month and a half ago. I don't expect to see anthing until 07 though.

Wor-Gar said:
Ugh! A while? Nooooooooooooooo...

Is "a while" in SW figure terms or in LOTR figure terms?

I would assume it is a 'while' in general collectible-designing, testing, and approval terms.... and who can really say what that is, other than they aren't going to be released until they are perfected :duff

SideshowDusty said:
I would assume it is a 'while' in general collectible-designing, testing, and approval terms.... and who can really say what that is, other than they aren't going to be released until they are perfected :duff

Of course, that is a good thing. My impatience is my enemy. :eek:

Like eveyone else i was disapointed.

But they are somewhat perectionists its easyier to sculpt faces and creatures but its harder to sculpt helmets and masks.Look how sideshow jumped the gun on the 1/4 vader if they would have taken their time it would have looked really good.I think the only reason they made it was to make fans happy but Where unawhere that the darth vader fanbase would notice EVERY inaccrate detail most of all the mask and helmet.Just imagine how it would of looked if they dident rush.

If sideshow is working on 1/6 versions of vader,stormtroopers,boba fett etc im glade they are takeing their time they learned from their first mistake.Good things come to those who wait I dont care if I have to wait till the end of next year.Just let them take their time who knows they might suprise us.

I just hope they look at real or replica props in person for refrence and not pictures.

I used to complain alot about this but the more im thinking about it they are giveing us really nice figures to add to our collections.

Billy

i believe SS also said they wouldn't duplicate the 12"ers and pfs and pf vader hasn't been out a year yet so that along with making it perfect is why we wait.

i love my pf vader, mask and all.

My Medicom Vader and Stormtrooper ease my impatience while I wait for whenever SS jumps on these.

At least they're coming. The sooner the better but I'd rather them be as perfect as possible than rushed.

Indeed! I can wait. I have only 3 SS Star Wars 1/6 figs, and Maul will make 4, and I'm getting antsy for either an OT or a main PT character announcment, but I can wait for perfection when it comes to Vader or a Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper.

Back