SSC Not making Stomies/clones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe we should start a rumor over there as well that Droids will not be made and that I read it from a French magazine :cool: They'll probably believe anything right now.

Now now, let's be nice. Although it is a funny idea......French has been done. Say it was a german TV interview saying SSC isn't gonna make an Emperor figure. It will make them cry.....heck it would make me cry!

What!!! No Stormtroopers or Clones! This is an outrage! I Quit! I will never buy another SSC SW figure! Ever!!! No, on second thought, I'm going to kill myself! Ha! Ha! That will show them! Goodbye, cruel world! Farewell! Tell my wife I love her!

Oh, wait... Chico and the Man is on. Never mind.

pixletwin said:
Can on folks, lets stay on topic here. I believe the question at hand was "How would you kill yourself if [the rumors] were true?"

I myself would find all the twisties from every non-Starwars Sideshow product, rap them around my neck and sufocate myself in cellophane. :rip

;)

This rumor is crepe crepe crepe crepe... I mean crap. woops. (I like rebelscum, though). :monkey3

Im sorry but the idea (even if jokingly) of killing yourself over some toy or collectible is just riddiculously stupid IMO. It's no wonder this thread was started by some 11 year old boy.

Batty said:
What!!! No Stormtroopers or Clones! This is an outrage! I Quit! I will never buy another SSC SW figure! Ever!!! No, on second thought, I'm going to kill myself! Ha! Ha! That will show them! Goodbye, cruel world! Farewell! Tell my wife I love her!

Oh, wait... Chico and the Man is on. Never mind.

:D I for one wouldn't care cause I don't think I want any stormtroopers anyway.

First of all - the rumor is not true.

Second of all - posts that are pointlessly attacking other forums will be deleted.

Third of all - multiple usernames from a single person are not allowed. Anyone with multiple accounts without the clearance from the admin will be banned.

Yep - if you weren't going to make Clones, Droids or Stormtroopers - you probably wouldn't devote a whole line to the Military of Star Wars would you ? :emperor

Darth Loki said:
Pretty much.:rolleyes:

Why the hell would anyone even pay any attention to a French rumor?

To think that SS won't be making Stormies/Clones is one of the most idiotic thoughts imaginable.

Oh, well, gee.... Thanks guys.

EDIT: oh, and yes, Dave Myatt confirmed that the rumor is not true.

EDIT2: As did Darklord Dave.

nash said:
Im sorry but the idea (even if jokingly) of killing yourself over some toy or collectible is just riddiculously stupid IMO. It's no wonder this thread was started by some 11 year old boy.

Nash, relax; it was a simple joke. Taking me 100% seriously isn't really necessary. One of my biggest pet peves is judging me just because i'm a child. You wouldn't believe how degrading that is.

And for the record; it's 12. *insert wink smilie here*

madden821 said:
:D I for one wouldn't care cause I don't think I want any stormtroopers anyway.

It would kind of suck....but not too much since Medicom has them mastered. It would only suck for me cause' my Medis go with my Medis and my SS go seperate and my SS Han would have no one to kill. If the price was right on SS Stormies I'd get 2. If they're like $100, wtf? The price difference is half the reason I started getting SS but $100 is not much less than the Medi Stormtrooper, especially if I bargain hunt one. I hope SS Armored figs don't breach $80, other wise they better whoop a$$ like real working lights on Vader and tons of guns for Stormtroopers.

Zakk Attakk said:
Oh, well, gee.... Thanks guys.

EDIT: oh, and yes, Dave Myatt confirmed that the rumor is not true.

EDIT2: As did Darklord Dave.

No confirmation was needed since everyone should have already known it was false.

Make a Star Wars line without Stormtroopers :rotfl :rotfl

I think the only reason anyone would believe it is because Vader and stormtroopers are generally some of the first products released in most Star Wars lines. To be a year into a line without either is a bit out of the ordinary.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I think the only reason anyone would believe it is because Vader and stormtroopers are generally some of the first products released in most Star Wars lines. To be a year into a line without either is a bit out of the ordinary.

So SS isn't blowing their load like other companies that have had the license. Star Wars has so much more to offer besides just Boba Fett and Darth Vader.

I agree, icons or not, they will be gotten to in time. I like getting the lesser made characters and besides, we all know SS isnt just doing whatever. So far everything they have released for Star Wars has some kind of reason behind it even if it is not immeadiatly understood.

Sideshow could not do it any better, and no, I'm not sucking up. I'm sick of seeing companies that take the same, tired, beaten-up road to waste their SW license: Vader, Stormtrooper, Fett, a few other core characters, and bam! - they either give up, or rehash the cores in some other form.

Sideshow has proved that they are serious about covering ground, in the form of Kit Fisto, Asajj Ventress and Jabba's little critters.

I dont want Vader (my main collecting focus) or stormies/clonestroopers from sideshow just yet. Why? Cos at thsi stage of the game i dont think theyre ready. id rather they develop a better articulated body and figure out a decent, practical, in-scale way of making those figures than just chucking them out as soon as possible when theyre not ready.

When they do make those figures theyve got to make them right. They know this, and that why we aint seeing them yet, or for a while. The bodies they have now arent up to a totally armoured figure in my opinion (note that i said in my opinion - were all different , no need for flaming) But im confident when they do make those guys, they'll be good. nothing worth having comes easy. I have a medicom clonetrooper on order and that'll sit real well with my ROTJ Vader. Price is higher than i like, but im dumb enough to pay it so what the hell.

When SS are ready they'll make these armoured figures we want. but to hope or expect them until then? well, youre just asking for dissapointment. I say bring them on in time. until then, lets enjoy what figures theyre confident they can do a great job with. despite the *****ing thats gone on, i think youd have to agree the figures you get on your doorstep, desite the pics you see online, are pretty damn cool. and better than you expected. Weve had a few 'Meh' offerings of late, but even thats good. gives our wallets a bit of a rest. Each figure as it comes out is an improvement on the last. When SS are ready and capable of truly great all-armoured figures, we'll get them. until then? lets enjoy what else they put out. I dont want half-arsed figures, and im sure Sideshow doesnt want to blot their reputation with them either.

But hey! lets have a sexy Ep4 leia sooner rather than later huh? :)

Darklord Dave said:
...Third of all - multiple usernames from a single person are not allowed. Anyone with multiple accounts without the clearance from the admin will be banned.
Wha-? .... Who?... :confused:

Back