SSC New Darth Maul Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad it looks nothing like Park. I have $466 in RP for this but not sure I want it. It’s too artistic and not accurate for me at all. Horns are too small and head too round. Plus eyes look too painted and small. Park has larger eyes which makes him look so menacing. Being the huge Maul fan I am I can’t help but not get this but I’m conflicted. I’d have every scale release SS has offered thus far if I get this.

This looks more like a 40+ year old cosplayer.

I think it looks spot on. Apparently Ray Park saw this and was impressed with the likeness as well.

I think it looks spot on. Apparently Ray Park saw this and was impressed with the likeness as well.

That’s the Disney corp side coming through. Looks nothing like Park. Just compare the V1 and this you can see they based this the Maul comics or something other than Park.

That’s the Disney corp side coming through. Looks nothing like Park. Just compare the V1 and this you can see they based this the Maul comics or something other than Park.

Nah, it does. It's also infinitely better than the first bust. Never liked the mixed media or the teeth on that one.

Nah, it does. It's also infinitely better than the first bust. Never liked the mixed media or the teeth on that one.

Strange I’ve never seen any Park images that look like this Maul lol. I have of V1 though. Keep thinking that it’s accurate though. And I’ll keep thinking it’s anything but.

Strange I’ve never seen any Park images that look like this Maul lol. I have of V1 though. Keep thinking that it’s accurate though. And I’ll keep thinking it’s anything but.

That's okay, we're all entitled to our opinions. I'll enjoy the vastly superior product.

It’s hard to say how much is off to Park’s face with limited photos, but I will say that the overall appearance looks less real than the original. The first bust looked so alive from a distance with the skin texture and all, this one almost has a toy look to it, just doesn’t feel like a real human, despite looking really nice overall.

It’s hard to say how much is off to Park’s face with limited photos, but I will say that the overall appearance looks less real than the original. The first bust looked so alive from a distance with the skin texture and all, this one almost has a toy look to it, just doesn’t feel like a real human, despite looking really nice overall.

Completely agree man. The best thing about the new one is the cut and sew. Previous one had no paint stencil lines either. Eyes look a little better painted but sideshow always has issues with eyes. I’m eager to see official pics but I may try to pick up original since I would assume this could drop its value.

I have the first one, which I think still looks absolutely great. But I'm sorely tempted to get this one as well. Love the different expression.

Attachments

• 2909_press13-001.jpg
    2909_press13-001.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 130
Head shape in not accurate to Park. Pics look better than we’ve seen I’ll say. The original is selling higher so I may bite on this one but they went backwards in terms of sculpt.

Back