SSC New Darth Maul Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well based on the new SS video on youtube the hood can be taken off the head.

I also think it would have been better to have him looking straight ahead.

No judgements on folks who collect these, but 1:1 heads kinda creep me out. Helmets don't bother me, it's sorta weird. I remember seeing a terrific Tarkin that is absolutely terrifying. I would feel like Cushing's decapitated head was staring at me all day.

The first bust I remember it had all the skin pores like if they used a lifecast of the actor. The paintjob was way better also. There was some effort to make it realistic (minus acrylic eyes)

SideMaul14.jpg

On this one the only thing improved is the fabric. Very lazy flat sculpt and the black areas painted on stencils. meh

SDCC-2018-Sideshow-Star-Wars-019.jpg

The first bust I remember it had all the skin pores like if they used a lifecast of the actor. The paintjob was way better also. There was some effort to make it realistic (minus acrylic eyes)

View attachment 427130

On this one the only thing improved is the fabric. Very lazy flat sculpt and the black areas painted on stencils. meh

View attachment 427129
We won't know anything about paint quality until we see in hand pieces. Also regarding texture, there appears to be some texture to the forehead in the photo you posted but the rest of the image is so overexposed, you'd never see it. I'd suggest to wait and judge once official photos get released.

I really wasn't happy with the paint apps on the first bust. I had it and sent it back. I thought the eyes and teeth were poorly executed and the mixed media was pretty disappointing as well.

So far this looks good, but I'm still waiting to see official photos.

Now that we see it hoodless, I really dig it, I like it a lot, maybe even more than the original. The portrait on the original was great, probably more accurate, but the costume bits were lackluster compared to this.

It looks pretty good here.

View attachment 431529

Sad it looks nothing like Park. I have $466 in RP for this but not sure I want it. It’s too artistic and not accurate for me at all. Horns are too small and head too round. Plus eyes look too painted and small. Park has larger eyes which makes him look so menacing. Being the huge Maul fan I am I can’t help but not get this but I’m conflicted. I’d have every scale release SS has offered thus far if I get this.

This looks more like a 40+ year old cosplayer.

Back