SSC New Darth Maul Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rehash yes, but the previous was 12 years ago and very limited and popular, I miss mine a lot, curious to see what improvements are made. The head looked great on the old one, my only real gripe was how the costume was phoned in with the hood robe piece and the undershirt but not all the layers to his costume.

I'm not seeing Ray Park at all in the sculpt... and the sculpted lines just kill the realism. Not an impressive piece so far; but could just be a bad photo :huh

I'm not seeing Ray Park at all in the sculpt... and the sculpted lines just kill the realism. Not an impressive piece so far; but could just be a bad photo :huh

I agree. I don't see Ray Park in the sculpt. With the cross eyed thing, it has more of a Debo look.
IMG_1160.JPG

They should just re release the old one. [emoji23]

Would make more sense for them financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should just re release the old one. [emoji23]

Would make more sense for them financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we know all know how much people hate re-releases, or repaints etc.

Unless the original was an open edition size.

First thing I noticed. The cleft is way too big and eyes are off. This looks like a cosplayer more than Ray Park as Maul. I hate how SS does artistic interpretation. I’ll see it at con this week to judge.

Can't make up my mind whether I like this piece or not. Think I would've preferred him to be staring straight ahead, as his current expression lacks intensity imo - looks more like he's trying to remember whether he left the stove on. Might just be pictures not quite capturing the bust's 'look' effectively, though!

Even though I really don't like the base designs on this and Kylo, this face sculpt is really impressive....

IBtJ9DE.jpg

kZYZer8.jpg

Yeah, sculpt looks like a great expression, would love to see it lit where less shadow is hiding his eyes though.

1) absolutely no skin texture like the 1st one
2) the tattoo stencils..come on...

They should have made this with horns that are exchangeable with a longer Solo set...

Back