SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send that head back. For the price you paid, SSC should send out a quality product, not suggest you repaint it yourself. That response infuriates me. If they're going to send out a head sculpt with half-assed paint apps, then they shouldn't charge top-dollar prices.

Use acrylic paint - it is cheap, easily mixed, and comes in a thousand different shades at a hobby store or even wal-mart. Typically water or alcohol-based, so clean up and re-dos are easy.

Sadly, things with my head haven't really gone well.

The original head ad fleshtone paint on the cowl. The replacement had yellow paint on the mask. The third head again has fleshtone paint on the cowl.

At this point I have no confidence that Sideshow will send me a decent head. They've suggested applying some paint to fix it, but I'm worried that I won't get the shade of black right or that I'll just **** it up and ruin the piece. has anyone tried to do this sort of thing before?

You can see the three problematic heads below.

View attachment 328601

Just tell them you are not satified with the head. They should send you a new one. You have nothing to loose, the shipping is on them.
Btw, you don't have to send it back.

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3652.JPG

CRAZY TOYS Wolverine on ganghood body kitbash. Things to know if go this route cost 87 bucks totall so 57 for wolvie 30 for body. The crazy toys head just sits loose on neck my knock off wolverine head fits perfect on neck joint. I think the quality on outfit headscupt are good worth price. The hands i thought were bit loose so used a tiny dab of superglue and other then foot pegs a chore to pop out switch ganghood foot pegs into boots is only difficult part of bash.
anyway my quick pic.

I noticed this went from Shipping this month on Sideshows Website to the late summer now. Did the previous wave just sell out? I was hoping to pick it up. I'm bummed I'll have to wait though.

Back