SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC Marvel reveals should be interesting....hopefully a Cap and Thor shows up

Interesting... Matt Bischof from Sideshow came on the Green Lantern thread and mentioned:

"Wolverine's torso threw us a bit of a curveball so we had to figure out some engineering which took a little bit longer than we had hoped. With that said Punisher whom you saw previewed in the announcement video will be completed before Wolverine and will likely be up for order before Wolverine. Will that be before SDCC? I'm not sure, but he will be at SDCC barring any unforeseen issues."

Interesting...

Interesting... Matt Bischof from Sideshow came on the Green Lantern thread and mentioned:

"Wolverine's torso threw us a bit of a curveball so we had to figure out some engineering which took a little bit longer than we had hoped. With that said Punisher whom you saw previewed in the announcement video will be completed before Wolverine and will likely be up for order before Wolverine. Will that be before SDCC? I'm not sure, but he will be at SDCC barring any unforeseen issues."

Interesting...
Cancelled.

Move along.

Maybe someone forgot to tell sideshow. Good call. I'm so glad you are on top of it

XM today revealed a "red line" on all future X-Men and FF products and they have had to cancel all the X-Men releases they were working on because of the Marvel/Fox dispute.

It's a good bet Sideshow will have gotten the same memo and you can forget about a Hot Toys movie Deadpool version sadly. Sideshow sixth scale Deadpool will be the last one we see for a while and i doubt this Wolverine will be released in the forseeable future.

Not sure why any Marvel/Fox issues would affect this Wolverine. It's not a movie Wolverine and Fox only has rights for making X-Men movies, Marvel still owns the characters. Any more info about this memorandum?

Not sure why any Marvel/Fox issues would affect this Wolverine. It's not a movie Wolverine and Fox only has rights for making X-Men movies, Marvel still owns the characters. Any more info about this memorandum?

Well XM make comic versions

https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios?fref=nf

"Folks, it's been a sad day for us... due to reasons we aren't at liberty to disclose, we have been asked to put a hard stop to all X-Men characters for now. That means Cable can't be released, and neither can the awesome Sentinel Diorama which we've all been so looking forward to. Still, we continue to have faith that this isn't an indefinite red light forever and you can have our promise we will be back to producing these dream pieces once the coast is clear - no matter how long it takes!"

This sounds precisely like fallout from the Marvel actions mentioned in this old article from October 2014: Marvel Just Quietly Deployed the Nukes in Its War with Fox | moviepilot.com

The gist is that Marvel, who have total control of the X-Men characters in comics and licensing control for all toys, including ones based on the movies, are trying to starve Fox out. No new mutant characters, killing of Wolverine, no X-Men toys, etc. Basically trying to negate the popularity of the X-Men franchise in hopes of causing Fox's productions to tank. If Fox doesn't produce, they'll lose their movie license, which is precisely what Marvel wants.

Strange that we're only seeing the effects of this move now. Kind of ruthless on the part of Marvel/Disney, but if I were in charge, I'd probably escalate it even further and put a complete stop to anything and everything X-Men and Fantastic 4 related indefinitely. Yeah, it's sort of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but knowing at any time you can bring them back.

I don't like these bullying tactics by Marvel/Disney. They sold these rights to Fox when they were in desperate need of money and now that they're doing well, they're trying to get them back by trying to destroy what Fox has created.

I'm a little tired of Disney owning everything. How long will it be before they purchase DC as well and have a stranglehold of the entire film and television industry?

Next they'll be after Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The point is that Marvel do own the characters and these other studios have effectively been crapping all over them because they have exclusive perpetual licenses. They took advantage of Marvel at its low point and have made millions (a few billion maybe?) from Marvel's IP. Marvel have to keep pumping out comics to keep these properties relevant, but they don't get to share in the lucrative movie/video deals.

I get what Marvel is trying to do, but the X-films have been very successful, despite not having much in the way of movie tie-ins from merchandise or comics ever since X1. The fact is, comics don't drive movie success. I don't see Marvel's actions having a major effect on Fox's success with the X-Men, and instead, this is more significantly going to cost Marvel readership and profits from what has, since the mid-70s or so, been their most popular team. The Inhumans ain't the X-Men, and comic readers aren't going to be swayed to think that they are. But it is what it is. Having grown up reading and loving the X-Men more than any other comic, I think this is a bummer. But it won't last forever. Either Marvel's Hail Mary attempt at getting these rights back will succeed, or they'll eventually realize that that it isn't working and will usher the X-Men back into the fold.

I've been an X-Fan since 1981. Reading the comics helped me through some rough patches during my teen years. And, in all this time, I never woulda thought that The X-Men's greatest enemy would turn out to be Marvel.

If it's a just now issue it has nothing to do with that article. The relationship between fox and marvel has improved in fact. The main person behind the fight on fox studios side has left the company. He was the one fighting with marvel and disney and the one both the CEOs of marvel and disney had issue with.

The issues XM are facing are not a direct result of those issues. And it's not why they killed wolverine in the comics. They are killing everyone. And that's a thing they do in comics. They killed peter Parker while they where working with Sony to get control. Superman was killed. It's not a causal relationship. there are still xmen items at the stores now. Go to Walmart or toys r us. Nearly every retail line has a wolverine or xmen character in it.

Why would XM stopping production on Marvel characters, impact SSC or Hot Toys? Nothing in the XM explanation suggests that it applies to all manufacturers. Maybe XM for whatever reason lost the rights/licenses...

Why would XM stopping production on Marvel characters, impact SSC or Hot Toys? Nothing in the XM explanation suggests that it applies to all manufacturers. Maybe XM for whatever reason lost the rights/licenses...

Yup, nothing but speculation at this point. I'm confident the rumors are based on putting the XM FB announcement with the stories from last year about Marvel trying to tank Fox's use of the characters. Totally unsubstantiated at this point and may stay that way forever.

Back