SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting two left boots is annoying, yes. Especially if you're an international buyer. The figure is hardly a failure, it's actually pretty good in hand.
Yeah, I'm really pretty happy with mine. Of course I didn't pay for it, so that probably helps.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm really pretty happy with mine. Of course I didn't pay for it, so that probably helps.

I paid full price with no complaints. The price argument is in every thread regardless of scale or license, just go for what you really want.

This piece is much better in person than the images posted online, I give SSC credit for having decent images on their website.

giphy.gif

jack: take on meeeee

^ In your picture, the Jack Burton looks considerably more like Kurt Russell than the Snake Plissken. But, my god, the paint on the Jack Burton leaves a lot to be desired.

Finally picked this guy up.
Did a few mods and Im happy with him. I think I might replace the body if I can find one that actually looks right but till then the jacket will hide the narrow shoulders.

yfjVnqa.jpg

Just saw on IMDB, the "Rock" is signed on for a remake of "Big Trouble In Little China"
Imagine what they could do now with the effects.

Did a few mods and Im happy with him. I think I might replace the body if I can find one that actually looks right but till then the jacket will hide the narrow shoulders.

I would have bought this if that’s what it came out looking like. That looks great, robbie. What did you do to the sculpt?

I would have bought this if that’s what it came out looking like. That looks great, robbie. What did you do to the sculpt?

The mouth insert, I'm guessing like all Sideshow heads, shrank in differently than the head. Same thing happened with the Drake figure with his eye inserts. I removed it and cut it down. I also heated the head up and pushed the mouth more closed. I tried having it completely closed but the partial open I thought looked more like Burton. Put the teeh in and glued it into place. I also shot some flat clear over the head. Seemed to help the stock paint pop better. I will say that like many have said, the stock paint does look pretty good in hand. I shot a ton of pics but for some reason no matter what I did, I could capture what I see in hand. Tried all sorts of different lighting but the details just disappear in pictures. It's not 100% but I'm happy to have this figure on my shelf. Im still looking for a replacement body, as I want the tank top Burton look but the stock body has too narrow of shoulders. So for now, it's Jean jacket Jack.

Better pic of the head but still not what I see in hand.

dO3UnjM.jpg

Last edited:
The mouth insert, I'm guessing like all Sideshow heads, shrank in differently than the head. Same thing happened with the Drake figure with his eye inserts. I removed it and cut it down. I also heated the head up and pushed the mouth more closed. I tried having it completely closed but the partial open I thought looked more like Burton. Put the teeh in and glued it into place. I also shot some flat clear over the head. Seemed to help the stock paint pop better. I will say that like many have said, the stock paint does look pretty good in hand. I shot a ton of pics but for some reason no matter what I did, I could capture what I see in hand. Tried all sorts of different lighting but the details just disappear in pictures. It's not 100% but I'm happy to have this figure on my shelf. Im still looking for a replacement body, as I want the tank top Burton look but the stock body has too narrow of shoulders. So for now, it's Jean jacket Jack.

Better pic of the head but still not what I see in hand.

dO3UnjM.jpg

You’ve definitely improved Jack. Such a pity that he needs such work considering the price point. But I’ll echo a statement made earlier, that if he turned out like your pics, I would have picked one up.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yfjVnqa.jpg

Yep, that's how it should have looked. May have to pick one up and find someone to who can work some magic.

Agreed. It needs some TLC to shine but I knew that at the time I ordered. No regerts. :)

Back