SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack Burton better not have two left feet this time or I'll shake the pillars of heaven...

IMG20180817171454.jpg

No two left feet this time! I'll get around to real pics on the weekend, but I'm glad to finally have my favourite actor from my favourite film of all time in 1/6 scale!

View attachment 423279

Nice, glad you got one that wasn't double left footed again. Honestly I can't believe this hasn't sold out yet, tempted to get a 2nd one just to keep boxed.

They're especially good pics considering the pose and lack of any visible stand. Lighting is excellent, too.

Lighting the figure is really key. Does it need a repaint? I think it does, and will definitely be getting one at some point. Additionally, I also think the figure is great. The likeness of Kurt is there, and the expression and clothes bring it home for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, after having the figure for a week I'm pretty happy with it. As a Big Trouble in Little China fan I'm ecstatic, as a figure it's good but overpriced.

With that week's worth of having it in hand, it became clear to me that the mouth is the main issue with the headsculpt. I get what they were going for, but with the way it ended up it turns out being the focal point of the sculpt and you can't look away from it. So, with that in mind I modded it - my first time doing that on a figure of this value.

I removed the mouth piece, trimmed it down a bit and painted the tongue darker. I also heated up the headsculpt and then glued the mouth piece back in with rubber bands around the head. As a result, the mouth closed over a touch more and it squared up the jaw ever so slightly. I then touched up the lips and hairline, masked the eyes and hit the head with a flat clear coat. The end result is that the eyes *and* mouth now become equal focal points and it changes the perception of the sculpt entirely. Very happy with how it turned out. I'll have to do a real pic later, but here's a mobile before and after pic.

pixlr_20180823131150706.jpg

Here's a real pic, using natural lighting just like the image I posted up above a couple of days ago. It's made a huge difference. I also used a light orange pencil to lightly dirty up the worn parts of the jeans and then scoured it slightly. I'll probably do that a bit more as his gear in the film is pretty filthy! Looking much better already though!

_DSC2619a_sm.jpg

This was on cable last night so naturally I started watching it. I got as far as Jack walking in to the "restaurant" in his midwest suit with glasses, but had to go to bed. Still love this movie as it is. I refuse to watch the remake. Nothing against Dwayne Johnson, I though he was really good in San Andreas and Jumanji, but this film should just be left alone.

I had to pick this one up. Last yr went to a special screening and James Hong, Lo Pan himself was there! I loved this film as a kid. It was my go to movie when I stayed home from school or on a rainy day.

“Oh c’mon Wang!!” [emoji851] [emoji41]
fd9cb7c8a87321d2b6cb2234da7468e8.jpg
630d9054edc297dde5de47a7dc40e85b.jpg
7138ae7867e4f74e244501cbba83b39b.jpg
bfac3a980fd5d7adcb70e189dc8020ce.jpg
1b9ea7ef7a1f4b5490a3aed97921564e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing these pics, I ordered mine last night. I really think they nailed the likeness and lighting seems to really pull out the detail in that head sculpt, (as illustrated by those photos). While its not loaded with accessories, I think the most iconic elements are there to make a memorable display. The Guardian was a great addition, so that alone makes me pretty content. So glad they finally got this character made.

Got mine today and absolutely love it. It looks very much in hand like the photos from " I Am Toys". If I have one issue, his pants are hemmed a bit tight so it's tough to get him in a number of poses with his legs. But all in all I am completely pleased with this.

Back